Express & Star

Nick Mashiter
Matt Maher
Joe Masi
Liam Keen
Joe Edwards

Who did we have before this, and how would you rank them?

Joe has just tweeted that he’s off sick.

Our injury list just keeps getting bigger :unamused:

4 Likes

At least he is staying put, for now.

I miss Joe Edwards already love the guy

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/garytaphouse/status/1638219963172265993?s=46&t=kfUO4C5lMS44-glXxumn-A

What has happened to Jenko?

He did the Mc Entee article around 14 hours ago.

Jenko does get quite a bit of fried on Twitter when he makes a mistake or does something dopey so maybe he just had enough or decided it’s not for him ?

The words a fantastic opportunity for a budding sports journalist doesn’t excite me from Nathan Judah.

Crap paper , and Judah thinks he’s some sort of Twitter celebrity it’s painful.

@CompletelySaddled provides better stats and more insight than they ever will.

Not sure why people are so bothered

2 Likes

In my experience, a job advertisement without the wage/salary in it never bodes well…

Never had a job where it’s advertised. People know what their worth with their experience/profession so it’s always negotiated

2 Likes

Paul’s took a bit of abuse on Twitter .
doesn’t seem fair and borderline bullying imo

7 Likes

Agreed, but it’s par for the course with social media these days, it’s toxic. Some of the abuse he got on here too was OTT particularly given he joined on here to try and build a rapport and understanding with the supporters.

10 Likes

Not seen any of that, but dont really go on Twitter. From the small bit ive seen, the role has massively dropped off and what ever is now being produced for us is dreadful and not really worth doing. I know he’s a walsall fan, but needs to be changed as he’s out his depth. IMHO!

1 Like

To be fair to Paul it appears he was a regular (non-sports) journalist who happened to be a fan so was effectively asked and was prepared to also cover WFC as an interim, as opposed to where we had actual sports journalists previously covering us for the E & S.

2 Likes

I genuinely feel sorry for Paul on twitter. Not sure why some of our fans have been so personal to him. Some of our fans are idiots on social media.

15 Likes

He wasn’t particularly well treated by a few on here. Obviously wasn’t a successful appointment but I sense it was a new area of journalism for Paul and that he was a bit ‘old school’ in his approach. Says a lot about the E&S attitude to our coverage, particularly as Paul is to be replaced by a ‘budding’ journo.

Wish him all the best.

7 Likes

Wish him all the best he gave it a go thats all you can ask at least he is a Walsall fan and should be made welcome on here like anyone else.

1 Like

It wasn’t great , but let’s be honest we’re a rubbish club to report on … nothing happens, and that includes match days