FA Cup 1st Round Draw

■■■■ draw

Bit of a derby, at home, not the worst draw for me.

Prefer that to some no win non league team away on a ■■■■ pitch in the arse end of nowhere, personally.

What sort of allocation will Cov get.

Unless ticket prices are reduced then there’s a danger they’ll be more away fans than home if they bring 3k + like they did in the league a few years back.

1 Like

I’d take a non league team with a ■■■■ pitch away all day long. Beauty of the FA Cup.

1 Like

Yep, can’t beat the lure of a trip to somewhere glamorous and exotic, such as Gateshead. Last season’s exit might have been dire, but I still had a great ■■■■ up down in Newport.

1 Like

Nothing better than an away day like the one at Stourbridge a few years ago.

1 Like

Stourbridge is fair enough, a local team like that. I didn’t enjoy Slough as much…

2 Likes

… no, that wasn’t great fun.

1 Like

Sounds like a really good draw to me. I’m looking forward to it…but then again I’m a FA Cup traditionalist, remembering when we always seemed to get bigger gates when the cup came around.

It should be a good game. Live TV too?

Coventry at home will always remind me of the 6-1 loss and peak Petterson…

1 Like

We have to give a minimum of 15% which is about 1750 I.e the away end.

But if they want more then I would accommodate them. Cos to me that is always the right thing to do unless the demand from Walsall fans means that the ground would be full. And even if they gave the tickets away that isn’t going to happen.

Fantastic draw,If we’re going to go out in the first round (and just lately that seems a distinct possibility) we may as well go out with a local derby,a big crowd and a bit of excitement.Another option would be to go out to Hartlepool,Rochdale or Carlisle away, in front of 2,000 fans on a wet cold Saturday afternoon,I know what i’d rather have.

Could’ve been worse. We’re at home, so theoretically that should give us an edge.

2 Likes

The most dangerous word in a football supporters’ vocabulary.

1 Like

Nailed on home win!? :pleading_face:

Crap draw for me.

Would rather have a non league team away and have a booze.

2 Likes

I can’t see them bringing more than 1,500 to be honest, with 2,500-3,000 of us. These days, that sort of crowd for a 1st round tie ain’t bad, which shows what a state cup football is now in, odd ‘glamour match’ aside.

Unfortunately I agree Bath.

would have preferred a seaside town and made a nice weekend of it :neutral_face:

1 Like

Southport have drawn a home tie against other non-leaguers.

So you never know mate. Could be a second round visit up here.

2 Likes