FA Cup Draw - Round 2

Leahy just scored a cracker :clap:t2:

I’m not sure about that, I remember a county cricket game there, v Lancashire got snowed off…in JUNE! :hushed:

1 Like

Great golf course just outside Buxton too called Cavendish Golf Club for all the floggers out there!:wink:

1 Like

St Albans on course for shock of the round, 2-1 up v Forest Green currently.

That would be a cracking away trip as think the ground is pretty close to one of the train stations. And can just drink in Watford and get the bus up if you can’t afford the overdraft to drink in St Albans. :wink:

I think it’s a bit wicked of St Albans to put a chicken and beef wrap stall right next to the Forest Green fans.

5 Likes

No hot pulled pork? may as well go the whole hog :grin:

2 Likes

I hope WE don’t get St Albans they were brilliant

1 Like

One of the other Sloppies scorers was ex-EPL player Elliott Bennett. His mom used to work at the same place I do (or did) so have kept an eye on his career over the years. His younger brother is currently playing at Telford United so now both are back local.

That St Albans game is what the FA cup is about nowadays. Mostly indifferent to top tier teams sadly (although one of them usually still wins it) but look at the reactions of the fans near the end to every block and tackle (no doubt some of them support Arsenal or Spurs so hopefully they’ll get down and support their hometown team a little bit more often on a Saturday).

That’s why I think it’s crucial this season to get to third round and hopefully get a good draw as endless talk of increasing attendances but I’d say a spirit run in FA cup could potentially get another 500 interested, particularly if around the play off zone at same time.

6 Likes

I used to teach to their sister. She was lovely, but a nightmare as she could not see the point of maths lol

2 Likes

Something didn’t add up…

I’ll take Carlisle @ home

What is the point of maths? :grinning:

1 Like

I think I’ll withdraw my proposal for Borehamwood away as they’re currently top of the national league.

2 Likes

Indeed. How many of us lot are fans on the back of a cup run?

1 Like

I was wanting an away match but after 2 long trips on the trot and port vale coming up and Northampton away boxing Day I don’t think my liver can’t handle it lets just get a boring home game we can win Mansfield or something.

1 Like

We will get Oxford away…
But either Bolton or Stockport would be good for me.

Anyone else notice that in the League we have Rochdale away on a SATURDAY, not a Tuesday evening! Does the computer that sorts out fixtures not know that this fixture is sacrosanct? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe it’s got a virus. No doubt the government will add it onto the number of covid cases. :slight_smile:

last two seasons we have played v Rochdale away have been on a Saturday.
2018/19 saturday 25th August 2018 League 1 we won 2-1
2017/18 saturday 23rd December 2017 League 1 we drew 1-1

1 Like

We’re ball number 30 tonight. Buxton are 25; Kiddi, 22

When is the Emirates FA Cup second round proper draw? (thefa.com)

2 Likes