FA Cup Draw

It was my first away day, a great one to start with!

2 Likes

Disappointing draw.

They won on Saturday - 5-0 against Huddersfield. Might be a bit too rich for our blood watching a Walsall team that can score as many as that in one game.

1 Like

Loved the post above “At least we reached the 1st Round!” magic!

What a crap season, out of the cup… again, struggling to reach the dizzy heights of mid table, an injury list the size of a ward at the Manor, a team as inconsistent as a Clarke team sheet, our top scorer isn’t even ours and will be gone in January. What a wonderful life being a Walsall fan, it never changes, same old same old, just like our boardroom.

2 Likes

Under Hutchings?

Just been watching the Ballon d’or ceremony, no news on Haydon White yet…fingers crossed :crossed_fingers::wink:

1 Like

Yep, believe it was

1 Like
11 Likes

Does anybody remember the good old days when drawing Wycombe Wanderers away would mean we were favourites to win?

19 Likes

Too far back in the annuls of history mate, other teams progress, whilst we stutter and slide backwards for what has seemed like an eternity.

It was their first win of the season too…a good way to get going.

Andy Williams actually played for Hereford that day!

2 Likes

We will get geographically closer to Wembley than we did in the FA Cup last year.

UP THE SADDLERS

2 Likes

I rarely miss a kick off these days. I’m not sure how many I saw that season but we had some real fun days out, and that one was right up there. We heard the news about the queues so stayed in the pub a little longer to let them die down! When we got there the queue was still huge but it turned out if you had a ticket you could just waltz straight in.

One Step Beyond!

3 Likes

I made the decision to go in the seats, and it was fantastic to watch but my feet were swinging a foot from the floor and i could barely reach the seat :joy:
I can’t understand why they made them like that because they are normal height in the home end?

Fun fact we’ve only won 2 away games under Flynn that includes last year
As if we have a chance

1 Like

You vastly underestimate the calibre of our academy kids :smile: :wink:

Are you sure it wasn’t a kid’s seat in the family stand that you could fit on? :joy:

1 Like

A tough draw but we shouldn’t be defeatist, this is the cup so let’s hope a little bit of magic is around Wycombe in a few weeks time. If we play at our best and catch them on an off day, who knows??

2 Likes

There in lies the problem, we have to be at our very best and hope they are at their worst to stand a chance, like waiting for the sun and moon to align!

2 Likes