Face masks

Just read this article https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/04/21/diy-masks-could-help-wipe-out-covid-19/ Now I’m not saying I agree or disagree with it but I thought if we do have to wear them in the future then perhaps it’s a new line for the club shop. Walsall FC branded face masks might be the new scarves.

1 Like

If you want protection, you really need surgical masks - which you dispose of after one day (or less).

All other masks are just cosmetic. Can I order some for the upcoming protests in HK?

On second thoughts WFC face masks might give my identity away.

Instead of singing, "You’re gonna get your fing heads kicked in…"
"You’re gonna get your f
ing masks pulled off…

5 Likes

“Get your masks off for the lads…”

3 Likes

“You’re going home in a f—ing ambulance”

1 Like

Living in Texas, my city has mandated wearing masks anywhere in public, failure to comply will result in a $2000 fine.
I must admit to getting a little annoyed at people that don’t wear them, this virus doesn’t discriminate and is very far from over.
A few states are ordering folks back to work, re-opening parks and beaches - not smart in my opinion as I think it’s too soon. I understand a lot of people are hurting financially, but let’s not sacrifice people for the sake of profit.

3 Likes

Bit like the muslim stripper, “get yer mask off”

1 Like

How can this possibly be correct?

1 Like

The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control agrees that medical face masks should be prioritised for healthcare workers. But it says non-surgical face masks might help stop the spread of coronavirus by people who are contagious but have no symptoms.

This might be particularly useful in busy spaces, such as grocery stores, shopping centres, and on public transport, it says.
You never know we might be wearing Walsall ones soon. I’ll wear a Walsall one particularly if it means we can go to the matches again.

I would be one of those holidaymakers wearing a saddlers mask on holiday together with the knotted hanky on the head, union jack shorts socks and sliders :joy: or jesus creepers

2 Likes

Jesus creepers- I used to live in mine.

1 Like

Jesus creepers with socks :rofl:

1 Like

No no, not for me but my late dad did. Just read the Germans are selling face masks from vending machines and that cloth ones are acceptable. There just may be a market for football ones after all. Get the sewing machine out Mr Pomlett.

Nice image in my head now😳

1 Like

Asking all the girls on the beach if they’d like to see his elephant impression…

3 Likes

More like a budgie :pensive: :wink:

1 Like

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2020/may/pre-order-walsall-fc-branded-face-mask/www

Looks like they thought it a good idea too. Is anyone going to order one? Are the colours a clue to the new kit?

1 Like

I’m surprised they’re doing it but perhaps it’ll end up being normal for subs as we’re seeing in the Bundesliga so clubs are thinking why not sell them too?
On one hand it can look like profiting from a pandemic but on the other hand, is it really any different to factories changing their lines to make PPE?

Won’t find me wearing one though.

1 Like

Still better than the Christmas jumper.

4 Likes

I’ve bought one just to help the club in a little way.

1 Like