Face masks

My card was charged 3 weeks ago and no sign of mask. Club not replying to emails. How long did you all wait?

No sign of mine yet either but originally it said they will be dispatched late June.

My car boot has been a black marketers dream for the past few months. Hundreds of masks, boxes of gloves, aprons, goggles and around 10 litres of hand gel!

It’s to ensure I can replenish my services quickly. However, I have learnt quickly to be careful when and where I opened the boot because, in the early days, it generated uncomfortable interest from passers by.

Sent them 4 tweets asking about what I am supposed to do with it and completely ignored.

Nobody that doesn’t want to wear a mask is compelled to wear one. The government have made the “exemption” catagorisation deliberately vague as they know that they havn’t got any basis in law to actually make this compulsary and or enforce the compulsion and there are two reason’s for this. Several studies have shown that prolongued mask wearing can lead to health problems in healthy people yet alone those with pre-existing conditions, I’ve put a couple of quick links below. The vagueries of the examptions includes “being caused distress” by wearing a mask, so all you have to say is you are caused distress and you don’t have to wear one. The govenment are relying on the old tactic of fear, ignorance, and jobsworths and snoopers creating peer pressure, don’t give in to it if you don’t want to.

n95 masks…

Cloth masks…

1 Like

So uncomfortable mate wore one for the first time yesterday on the bus couldnt wait to get it off.

Arrived today

Sadly, very poor quality. Not elasticated and hence pulling my ears off and also not deep enough. Might be OK for a kiddy but not an old git like me

Shouldn’t this username be blocked by the swearfilter? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Lords one time Head Groundsman had that name, the TMS lot were always very careful when saying his name, I think they usually called him Michael.

1 Like

Talking about cricket
On one of my many jaunts to edgbaston,as we were queueing to get in, there was this Irish guy checking tickets, and Jack Russell walked passed with his kit bag, the Irish guy stopped him asking for his ticket, Jack just laughed and told him to ■■■■ off, but the guy was insistent, in the end someone had to come out to get Jack in :joy:
Anyway a few hours later, i had had a few, and instead of walking around back to my seat through a few thousand fans, i decided to jump over the fence and walk around the boundary
As i was walking someone in the crowd shouted " chunky you fat ■■■■" so i gave them the ■■■■■■ sign
about 5 mins after sitting down i was arrested and thrown out for gesticulating in front of thousands of fans and millions of tv viewers.
And because my brother in law was with me he got thrown out as well
so outside the ground we decided that we would pay to get back in, and we decided that we would go to the gate that had the Irish guy on, that wouldn’t let Jack russell in
but we would swap jackets to confuse him :wink:
so we bought more tickets and went for it, as we presented our tickets the guy looked at us and said
" hold on a bit aren’t you the two that have just been thrown out and you have just swapped jackets?"
■■■■ off :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
We ended up spending the rest of the day in the Tally ho club until we could get back on the coach

5 Likes

When my in-laws lived near Bakewell they had their carpets fitted by Mike Hunt.

You have had such a dull life

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing your ‘streak across the ground and painful dislodging of the bails as you leapt over the wicket’ story!

1 Like

I would have a job jumping over them, the bails are about chest high to me :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Ok on track again, bought some Jaipur and Lagunitas IPA for tonight :+1:

1 Like

Wrong thread :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Oh ye :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :joy: :beers:

1 Like

Is anyone else still waiting for the face masks to be delivered? I thought I would have received it by now.

It won’t have been stolen by your postie, judging by their comments in here. :rofl:

2 Likes

Still waiting for mine too, Cats. It’s now over three weeks since I ordered it.