Family ticket

Does this mean an aunt or uncle can’t use this offer to take a niece or nephew?
In fact why should they have to be related at all??

Absolutely baffling.

2 Likes

In today’s society with various and differing family structures, this just shows the dinosaurs we have running the show. What is wrong with me bringing my neighbour’s lad along 'cos his parent is long-term sick and can’t make it? This sort of approach is indefensible. #gambleout #moleout #bonserout #timesupjeff None of them have a clue.

6 Likes

Nope, strictly parent and child I’ve been told

Exactly, why should it matter!? get bums on seats and make some more money when they’re in the ground and make them want to come back again. The stadium isn’t even half full and it’s no wonder why but what are they doing to try and change things except turning people away? Clubs a ■■■■ show

3 Likes

Any other half-decent club would make it easy for people to come through the doors, buy a pie and drink, have a pee if they need to and go home thinking, yeh, I’ll go there again. In other words, the bare minimum for a functioning football club. But no, not this bunch of muppets. For Gods’ sake, can they get NOTHING right?

1 Like

The one area that needs the most effort imo is attracting new blood on the terraces, as nothing has been done that works in that regard for a very long time and there is evidence of young fans that have been taken fro years, being cherry picked by bigger neighbours.

So as a summary; a fan has taken a young person to the game to take advantage of the ‘one adult, one child’ offer. They didn’t have a clue how it worked (due to the lack of marketing / transparency from the club - just as I had no idea the offer even existed) and were then vocally accused by one of the staff of trying to get away with paying for a youngster. Bravo :clap::clap: absolutely brilliant. You’ve been copped by the Bonser ticket police, son!

3 Likes

I’m actually a bit embarrassed I support Walsall.

1 Like

The more I think about this the angrier I get.

3 Likes

The Club is a ■■■■■■■ disgrace from top to bottom. That’s a disgrace that you have to pay 17:50 for under 17s ticket !!!

Worth mentioning that @DanG_WFC has paid £2 on postage today for a ticket he asked be collected at the ground.

I also neglected to mention that my Early Bird renewal letter was double stuffed, with the private contact details and seat number of another supporter delivered in the same envelope as mine.

If we can’t get basic admin right…

2 Likes

Atleast @chunkster and @funk_hits_the_fan can rest easy knowing it isn’t their private details that have been compromised :joy:

1 Like

I once did that in a very early admin job (attached documents relating to another customer to the incorrect letter) and was told if it happened again I would be given my P45, no excuses.

I’m sure the same will happen at Walsall FC :joy::joy: Lets hope it was Mole or Gamble that did it! GDPR anyone…

1 Like

Tinned, I’ll assume that you’re roughly the same age as me.
£1.50 in 1987 has the same purchasing power as £4.18 in 2019.
So, it could be argued that charging an under-18 £5 today would be fair & might well attract many a bored teenager to the club.
To charge £15.50 is taking the pee!

2 Likes

Yep. I ordered it over the phone not last Friday but the Friday before. Where has the ticket been sat since then?! All it would have taken was a quick call to ask me if it was postage or collection. It’s just simple stuff. Instead, just post it out, I get a card in the post wondering what I have ordered that has cost £2 postage then have to go to the post office to get it and pay for the privilege. Also, not sure how it is £2 and not £1 unless the post office take a quid as well, no idea!

1 Like

Countless occasions I’ve paid for it to be posted and they’ve put it in collections - they did ‘kindly agree to refund the £2 postage’.

Worst thing is I can just imagine them thinking we moan for the fun of it.

I really can’t be bothered hating almost everything this club does. I’d love to see walsall players or staff and everyone be great to each other. I just want things to improve.

1 Like

Club need to realise they are in the service industry. That applies to football supporters, not just punters watching Gary Barlow tribute acts.

3 Likes

Astonishing. Yet again, despite the fact they have been told time and again, Birmingham City Leeds was cheaper for many ticket categories than Walsall Oxford on Saturday.

Whether its this site or just general awareness rising; I am seeing a lot more discontent across social media with our prices.

This isn’t people having a pop for the sake of it, its disgusting but none of it is surprising. We all know how it is…

4 Likes

Shocking. They’ve clearly changed their approach to this. Too many people taking up the offer… instead of seeing this as a positive that families/children want to watch Walsall they just see it as a few missed quid by not forcing them to take more expensive tickets. So sad. Where has the club that we all fell in love with gone? Nothing about this club gives it a community spirit, I don’t blame the town for supporting other clubs. They’d be fools to support us.

12 Likes

Always been the same with WFC. In order to change it needs a root and branch clear out.

Before the Oxford game, due to me not having the time to get cash beforehand, I had to get my ticket from the ticket office. The chaos with season ticket renewals meant the queue was huge. I overheard 4 separate people state they’d had enough of waiting around 1450, and seen as they were likely to miss kick off, they walked off.

Any business that is seeing customers with money, willing to purchase from them, walking away, is failing. Selling match day tickets should be our bread and butter, not an inconvenience

4 Likes

Really annoys me to read any stories like this. Be different if we were packing them in but we struggle for crowds. Just get them in, get their pie money and get them back the next game. What a disaster. We need to change this, what can we do as fans?

2 Likes