Fan engagement

On Saturday me and my little girl went into the Fan Zone for the first time. Whilst in there we were asked if we’d like to write a message to a player of her choosing and she may get a response. She decided to write one to Matt Taylor and today we received an email from Tom Heslop in response to her message.

I know a signed programme isn’t a lot to some, but this has made Edith’s day and a little bit of fan engagement goes a long way!

Well done Walsall FC :clap:t2::clap:t2:

31 Likes

Worst club in the world. Sack them all, they’re all useless. Etc, etc, etc.

But seriously, what a lovely gesture and I’m so pleased for your girl. These sorts of things make such an impression. Wonderful!

2 Likes

Took my lad for the 1st time Saturday. Put a picture on Twitter and tagged the club, they came back and are sorting him a signed programme as a memento. They get a lot of stick but I genuinely believe they are trying. Great gestures

8 Likes

They could have given them a nice high vis drawstring bag with the programme too and signed that. :+1:

Well done whoever at the club is making some effort. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

That’s brilliant. In my experience they are really good on individual/personal stuff like this. :clap::clap:

3 Likes

I also engaged with the club a few weeks ago. I wrote to LP asking why he had taken the action he had against Rob Harvey resulting in the demise of The WSA.

Would you believe, i haven’t received a reply yet.

Anyroad, very pleased for you and your daughter.

8 Likes

Hello Mark x

Hello Robert x

1 Like

Lovely name by the way!

1 Like

Great to see this i asked Bonser for a signed bog handle once he refused.

1 Like

I asked him to leave us with leaky bogs and a ground in disrepair and he obliged, i think you have just been unlucky mate :joy:

1 Like

He wasn’t that flushed in them days until the rent came rolling in …

1 Like

Utter ballcock

2 Likes

…it’s true , I’m not taking the piss …

3 Likes

Yowm pulling me chain

1 Like

What are you basin that on?

1 Like

I also engaged with the club a few weeks ago. I wrote to LP asking him to prove that fairies lived in the bushes at the bottom of my garden.

Would you believe, I haven’t had a reply yet.

Anyway, very sorry to hear about the lack of response to your very obvious question.

Players need to get the fans on board, before game going across to family stand signing programmes and have quick photo. Cost nothing goes long way.
On corners whoever taking them get fan cheering by waving arms for support putting hand to his ear. Dennis wise did it really well getting fans involved.

A bit odd writing a letter to LP ? why didn’t you just shout downstairs :joy:

8 Likes

We’d probably try and get the crowd going when we’re 4-0 down…

In all seriousness, there’s a lot more that needs to be done to get the fans on board, starting with Gamble and Mole rejoining the circus!