Fans back in stadiums?

The way things have been going today, with the gov panicking, I think we will be heading back towards a total lockdown, which would of course mean no football at all, even behind closed doors.
Could be the death knell for a lot of lower end clubs, and good luck to Spurs in paying their new signing haha!!
What was it, £500,000 per week? waiting one week could have saved Macclesfield!

Government are panicking for the sake of it.

Cases are going up because they’re doing more tests.

Even then, the number of deaths is such a small percentage, so if theres are next to no deaths, then it’s just a case of them scaring us all into a second lockdown.

How many people do you know that have genuinely had it? Might be one, or two at a push. There wasnt a single death across the whole of the West Midlands a week ago for the previous ten days before that, so why do we need a second lockdown?

They’ve tried to get everything back to normal such as work/schools/restaurants/public places, but the one thing they keep pushing back and delaying is sporting events.

As you can tell, I’m fed up with it all and just want the football back :smile:

7 Likes

My partner tested positive last week after an outbreak at where she works. We have 3 kids all self isolating under 1 roof we haven’t kept our distance or locked the missus away in a room we have just carried on has normal in our bubble. This week me and kids got tested after getting similar symptoms to the missus guess what all 4 of us negative after spending 10 days around a covid patient. My missis coped fine with the symptoms. They were 2 days of breathlessness after doing tasks around the house this would quickly pass, Bouts of dizziness again few and far between. Slight loss of taste, and a cough. I’d say I’ve seen her alot worse with a common cold. This was over 2 day period she was fine after the 2 days.

I’m not saying everyone will react to it the same has my missis which clearly they won’t because alot of people have lost there lives. But from the stats its shows if you have no underlying health issues. Your pretty safe. So shouldn’t the government be concentrate on shielding the old and vulnerable, open everything up for 8 weeks take away the masks and hand gel and spread this virus like there is no tomorrow get people anti bodied up, then let the vulnerable out of shielding, and get back to normal. Sounds like a plan to me :grinning:.

On a serious note things do need to get back to normal as soon as possible, I’m sick of hearing about covid 19 in the news and rubbed in our face daily the media seem to have the wooden spoon out scare mongering people just to fill the papers i really don’t know what to believe about the virus anymore dunno who’s lying or who’s not. Rant over.

11 Likes

It seems increasingly more likely with every day that football at our level will not survive.

1 Like

I think it will survive but in a different way.

There will be moves for more regionalisation, there is the danger of Premier League B teams buying their way in, from the third tier down through non league might become a more singular pyramid rather than the current line being drawn between fourth and fifth tier. There will be more Burys and more Macclesfields who may have to start again right at the bottom as Phoenix clubs.

But I think Walsall FC will still be here for us. I trust the current owner and I hope the landlord is showing the right level of sympathy and financial concession.

3 Likes

Its clear they want fans sitting at home watching on the internet, that’s what’s being pushed and that isn’t football. I’m going to enjoy attending a game today when I finish work, as it could be the last one for a while. I don’t see any chance for the October return as was touted, not until they implement their health passport agenda which has been the plan all along. The health passport will in turn enable compulsary vaccinations in all but name.

1 Like

Most of us have our doubts, I would bet my pension that not a single months rent has been missed throughout the past six/seven months. He has never taken a penny out of the club you know.

You didn’t use my suggestion of putting Sally in the shed for a couple of weeks then… :grinning:

I tried but kids said I was be unreasonable not clearing the shed out first and keeping it padlocked during the day.

1 Like

Leigh Pomlett has stated that ALL stakeholders have contributed to the support of the club during this pandemic. He refused to be drawn on specific stakeholders but I assum ALL means ALL and not most.

A non-league game today, Wellington Amateurs against Bustlehome, a 3-0 win to the home team. Maybe 70 or so people there. Decent game, sunshine, only a fiver, the better team won.

Seems the trials at the 10 games worked o.k today. Are Walsall applying to be a test event next week?

Get the feeling though with the national picture 1k in will be as good as it gets for next few months. Try again in 2021.

Went to Chasetown 2-3 Frickley Athletic - think attendance was 310. Good game.

1 Like

Glad to hear she didnt have a hard time with it mate interesting that none of you caught it as well had a similar experience with this cold thats been infecting kids like wildfire since they went back 7 in my house 5 caught it and 2 did not although no one did anything diffrently could it be that not everyone is susceptable to every virus for some reason?

1 Like

Yeah, we have applies for next week but we don’t know as of yet whether we’ve been accepted.

Agree with the point you make. I think 1k for the next week or two and then we won’t be allowed to go again, so whoever gets the chance, enjoy it!

1 Like

Just back to trusting the owner.

He communicates and communicates well. He is a million miles better at engagement than the previous chap. Not hard.

But there is still a blanket of secrecy over some stuff. I’ve asked around a few times on different platforms what our ifollow attendance was yesterday. We get £8 for every Walsall pass sold beyond the first 500 so it is of material interest to supporters.

Whereas Grimsby announced theirs right at the end of the game at our place we have said nothing. Equally folk were asking how many passes we had sold beyond season ticket holders last week(again club gets £8 a throw) and again nothing.

I really hope this isn’t some “well we lose a competitive advantage by revealing such things” philosophy.

We are the masters of”non disclosed”.

2 Likes

I agree that they should announce the figure and then people can think to themselves ‘that was worth doing, the club benefitted by X amount of money … I will definitely get a pass again’. Positive reinforcement.

1 Like

I agree it would be nice to know but apart from Grimsby, which of the other 70 clubs have announced any figures? I haven’t seen any so I don’t think we’re alone there. Even the Grimsby one wasn’t officially announced it was just their media guy on twitter independently answering supporter questions.

I don’t know.

There is just something slightly irksome about our chairman using Grimsby’s total as a benchmark for us supporters to surpass and then not actually telling us if we made it or not. It has a slight whiff of that time when the only way we found out about season ticket sales was an accidental whiteboard in the back ground of a club photo. Not a huge thing and we’re less than 24 hours after the game so it might come out.

1 Like

How many did Grimsby sell??