Fans Focus: News From Monday Evening's Event

I agree with you again and I dont like it.

2 Likes

I think this new site has mellowed peoples attitudes with people agreeing all the while :rofl:. I am surprised scouts are needed at all to be honest, especially ones that want paying, when I was young every other kids dad was an unpaid scout :joy:

1 Like

Let’s see what happens once the League One season starts…

2 Likes

Now every fan is a manager :rofl:

2 Likes

So the board should mandate that there has to be a scouting network whether the manager wants one or not?

Same with other none playing football staff. Do we have to have a goalkeeping coach? If Dean chose not to have one shouldn’t he be given the freed up budget to spend on an extra player? But then if his successor did want one would they not have to re-assign the budget?

Or should the manager only be trusted with the people he can “stick up front” and everything else mandated as essential infrastructure, even if the manager feels that it isn’t that essential and he could spend the money better?

There’s loads to query about the running of the club. This isn’t one of those things.

I am biding my time

1 Like

I can’t imagine that there a Manager in the game who wouldn’t want , need or rely on a scouting system. It should be a given.

Carry on biding … :wink:

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more P.T,spending money on a scouting system gives Keates more player buying options.We have had some memorable signings over the years thanks to the likes of Ron Jukes.

1 Like

Yes. Absolutely. It’s fundamental to a football club.

Otherwise you get managers that give two year contracts to players they watch once score wonder goals against some team in the arseend of Scotland.

Coaches? Not really. I mean it seems a bit silly not to have a goalkeeping coach which is completely separate to any other form of coaching in a football team but I suppose the manager is the head coach and it’s up to him.

It definitely is one of those things. The alignment and the size of the budget is the FOREMOST thing to query about the running of the club in my opinion. Funny that you ignored the completely valid point that money could be saved elsewhere to pay for said scouting network and that the budget was shoestring to begin with so maybe it’s in the clubs interests to not reduce the playing budget to accommodate a scout, just focused on a throwaway line about sticking somebody upfront.

1 Like

There’s a skill to being a football scout,they range from Ron Jukes to “everybodys dad”.The more organised the scouting system the more fruitful it will be.

1 Like

There is a bloke that used to post on the old site (can’t think of his name - sorry), who wrote to the club two or three years ago recommending Connor Washington who he had watched a few times playing in his local non league side - needless to say they completely ignored him:joy:

1 Like

I have done similar things in the past, seen players in various outposts of the UK and abroad and told the club about them - roundly ignored as far as I know. Watched one player in Norway a few weeks ago and thought the same.

1 Like