Fans forum 11/7

Hard to see that they would not know the price before buying the club. Hopefully the agreed price was with the football club and not Pomlett the individual.

3 Likes

Whoā€™s going?
What you going to ask?
Please be aware the club read this forum so will be aware of what will be asked to preplan

Are you going to ask why weā€™ve slipped down the spending table. Top 7 to now not even in the Top 10 apparently?

1 Like

Whatā€™s the point. There is no hard evidence to prove it one way or the other. Easy to bat that one away.

What t shirt u wearing. Immortal,
Marduk, watain?. Iā€™m actually a metal fan myself although not this genre. Devin Townsend Bloodstock one for me

1 Like

It may show a divide between board and manager

1 Like

Must say very brave of Flynn to come out with an article like that. It wouldnā€™t have a happy ending in most organisations

1 Like

It might be a guarded dig at the board for sure.I canā€™t believe for a minute that they got together before that interview was done and the board said ā€œyes Michael no problem tell them all about our dropping budget,and the fact weā€™re not competitiveā€ The board now have two options back him and find the money or donā€™t and risk a Clarke scenario playing out.Well slightly different because we havenā€™t sold players and not reinvested Iā€™m on about the end result.If you back Flynn and he flops thatā€™s football a crap position to be in yes but if you want to be a chairman of a football club thatā€™s the chances you take.

1 Like

Maybe heā€™s hoping they sack him lol. Certainly in many organisations a swipe at your employers like that wouldnā€™t end well

:joy: I donā€™t think he wants the sack but heā€™s certainly ermā€¦using his experience shall we say.I 100% believe Flynn wants success and I also believe heā€™s happy with what he has so far but when the icing is about to be put on the top of the cake pomletts only giving him enough money for a cheap brand whereas Flynn wants this cake to the amazing.

1 Like

Neither do I think he wants the sack. I think you are one of the small number of posters who can sees the difference between humor and actual fact. Just saying though if I phone up my Exec Director and say I cannot deliver decent services with the budget you gave me. Its not going to end very well for me!!!

I know exactly what your saying and I personally canā€™t disagree.I just hope we back this manager, to me he gives us a very good chance of anything remotely looking like getting firstly up this league then secondly getting out of it.Once bitten twice shy as they say and if we have another Clarke episode as regards the budget I reckon itā€™ll be another 20 years before we break the record for season ticket sales just my opinion of course.

Thereā€™s a difference between a private conversation and saying things to the press. A wise executive wouldnā€™t just send a manager packing who had the audacity to express concern with his budget and the requirements of his team, provided of course that it was done in a measured way.

With this interview though, heā€™s thrown the Board a curve ball. If you really want to play Devilā€™s Advocate, it could be by way of teaching Pomlett a lesson for getting carried away with his statements, which Flynn may have felt put additional undue pressure on him.

1 Like

Does he know that you spend all day on here? :wink:

4 Likes

Uve put it out there. In terms of I hope this dosnt end up as another Darrell Clarke!!!

No comment from me on that one. For once Iā€™m keeping my opinions to myself and let you take the battering!!!

Best wishes

1 Like

:joy: I wait with baited breath.We all want the same outcome in the end no matter what we all say about different subjects and how we look at them.Thatā€™s the way I look at it and thereā€™s nowt wrong with a differing of opinion and a debate itā€™s the whole point of this site surely.

1 Like

Can someone ask pomlett who the game changer was that we signed

1 Like

Two things about Flynn in respect of this bit of politicing.

Firstly he doesnā€™t need to be a football manager. Heā€™s got qualifications that would see him walk into other jobs both inside, around, and outside of the football world, and already has established business interests outside of football.

Secondly, he has a very good reputation at this level. Iā€™m sure right now he would have no shortage of takers once the inevitable round of sackings start should there be a parting of the ways over budget.

What have we got? Nothing, not even a board member that knows anything about recruiting the next manager, and if Flynn walked - and did a DC, how would our managerial gig look to any prospective experienced managers? The complete myth of us being a ā€œwell run clubā€ would be well and truely rumbled I reckon.

Flynn holds all the aces, and our imediate and medium term future, even stability, entirely depends on him being retained, and that means backed sufficiently.

9 Likes

Wow. This dosnt pull any punches

Think your missing one fundamental point in what is a pretty good analogy. Do u think Pomlett would actually care if Flynn ā€˜does a Darrellā€™

Rinse, repeat.