Favourite WFC match experience (not football)

Probably thought it was a waste of resources to ■■■■ through the Labour offices letterbox as there was already an abundance of turds inside.

2 Likes

Even if the half-end duckers hit you on your head,you’d still have that nice warm feeling in the ambulance that you got in for nothing… :rofl:

A lad just in front of me caught a brick right on the bonce, opened him up, looked a nasty cut. I thought at the time it could have been much worse though, it might have been me that got hit. :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Bit ironic really.

Spending a few days in Plymouth at the moment (should have been a Danube cruise but Covid scuppered that; then were thinking of going to Scarborough/Whitby but weather looked a bit miserable in the north east this week so headed south instead). Anyway there’s a plaque on the harbour wall next to the Mayflower Steps commemorating the pioneering voyage that set out from there to establish colonies in New Zealand, made by a ship called … The Tory!

I’ll leave it to others to make the most of this tenuous link with everyone’s favourite moderator … :speak_no_evil: :smiley:

1 Like

While in Plymouth @AndyWTaylor visit here
https://ivordewdney.co.uk/
They are without doubt the best pasties i have ever had
And here for some of the best fish and chips
https://harboursidefishandchips.co.uk/
We were there to watch us play years ago, and we stayed at the premier inn next to the sea life centre, on the first night there was someone above us doing a sponsored walk, he didn’t stop from about 11.00 pm until about 2.00 am.
I rang down to the reception to complain and they informed me that he was a regular that stayed there, and he worked night shifts, so next day they gave us a refund and moved us to another room.
So we are in our new room and my wife gets out of the shower and starts drying her hair, so i nod off for a bit, then i was woken by the door closing, i said to my wife(who was still standing by the mirror nude) what was that? she said a middle aged couple just walked in, i ran onto the landing to see this couple just standing there open mouthed.
Apparently the front desk had moved us but hadn’t updated the system, so it didn’t know we were in there, another free night and a bottle of wine came our way, so it wasn’t a bad weekend.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips Mr C. Unfortunately my wife only eats gluten free (or, as I put it, is a fussy eater) so that scuppers most places when we’re out together unless they can cater for her.

We were actually by the Premier Inn last night - ate at the Millers & Carter just behind (she can eat steak!) There’s a Thai/south-east Asia street food place also nearby that we’ve booked for tomorrow night.

We’re staying at the Crowne Plaza by the Hoe (freebie from my loyalty points when staying up in Manchester for work). Also stayed here when we played Argyle on August bank holiday weekend last year - as did several other Saddlers (we practically took over the place! :joy:)

1 Like

I am pretty sure the chippy do gluten free? the pasty shop sell frozen pasties to take home with you, and you can order them online and get them delivered to your house.

Andy … if that is Suphas you are going to, you will have an excellent meal. Been there a couple of times with my son who’s office is just a few yards away from there.
I am actually seeing my son tomorrow night, the first time for 3 months and it was a toss up between me travelling to Plymouth and going to Suphas or him coming to me and going to our favourite Thai restaurant in Paignton.
He is coming here … so I miss the opportunity to meet a fellow Saddler fan.
I hope you have a good evening :wine_glass:

1 Like

Cheers TBS, would have been good to “bump into” a fellow sufferer (not the first time on my travels!)

Yes, it is Supha’s we’re going to. Discovered it by chance in August and an instant hit with the wife, so a no brainer to make a return visit.

No connection at all, except I’ve been to Wellington, which city the Tory was sent to establish. Interesting tale…

http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/tm/scholarly/tei-Gov15_03Rail-t1-body-d9.html

1 Like

Whatever you say - Tory Boy! :rofl:

We had a big lunch at Rockfish next to the aquarium (lovely piece of grilled hake), then a large tub of shellfish each, so still a bit full and only able to manage a plate of cheesy nachos between us at a Slug & Lettuce near the hotel for tea.

1 Like

Next to the Aquarium? I bet the hake was fresh!

1 Like