FGR game ( Guess the attendance )

You may well be right… But all of the below factors should make everyone with walsall in their hearts want to be at the game Saturday.
-The LEECH has gone.
-A new owner who wants the club to move forward and not to just line his own pockets.
-A great new manager and backroom staff who are professional.
-A new bunch of players who will give there all for the shirt.
-And finally the new hope and optimism we all have following this week’s events.
IF that’s not enough to get alot of the stays ways down bescot this week nothing will.

4 Likes

I think 6k is pushing it, especially during the school holidays, so I’m going for 5100, and that will be more home fans than we’ve had in a while.

1 Like

You included if you think it’s suddenly going to shoot up to 5,000 Mazza.

Undisclosed :wink:

3 Likes

4936 for me

Pomlett said he’s like 6,000 but would be happy if we got 5,000. He definitely wants the gates over 6,000 in the not too distant future though.

I think we may just sneak over 5k on Saturday due to holiday commitments etc but let’s hope the new wave of optimism and hopefully a reasonably bright start to the season will quickly push that up to the 6k mark. I think Pomlett will happily stick to his word and invest a high proportion of increased gate revenue into team strengthening.

Imagine that, an upward spiral of investment/supporter engagement! I wonder why that was never thought of before!

1 Like

5,500 to 6,000 sounds about right to me then beat them 2-0 and sell out at Crewe for another party :tada:

1 Like

With only 3100 sold last week and with school hols the extra 1000 bums on seats only makes it 4100

5400 home fans, no idea if forest green will be in a minibus or coach…

Agree with those suggesting that 6,000 is pushing it. We need to remember that FGR will only bring a couple of hundred. 5,800 Walsall fans is back to our Championship crowds or crowds for big one-off games. New owner or not, I can’t see a fourth division game against a side we hadn’t heard of until a few years ago bringing thousands back.

I’ll go 4,850. which probably represents about 700 of the more realistic extra 1,000 that Pomlett has requested.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be too hard to get 6000 - we had over 8000 just over a week ago … :wink:

We should all be trying to get a friend or family member to attend with us.

I have already managed to persuade my Manchester United obsessed cousin to come next Saturday and he’s bringing his grandad.

5 Likes

And that says it all doesn’t it? 5,800 for a Championship team. No wonder LP is talking for restructuring the finances if we ever have a chance of getting there!

2 Likes

I’ll go with 4972 with 287 from the green forest.

6000+ in April if we are in the mix.

1 Like

4760 Rome wasn’t built in a day! Reckon will still be 1000 up than if we hadn’t had take over.

2 Likes

4800 including 198 vegans.

1 Like

There will be 5 of us attending that only attended 2 games last season, possibly 6 @SidSwifty :grin:

who knows.:zipper_mouth_face::grinning:

We had Bonser in charge then,that’s the difference Mazza,new era,fresh start and all that.but people are getting carried away a bit.