First Signing

No manager has a 100 percent record. Far from it.

The guys recruited his way out of this division before, hopefully he can do it again.

Yeah did not have the best of seasons at Rovers I agree.

But when he was at Exeter in league two he was possibly the best player in there and thatā€™s why Peterborough paid big money for him.

Dropping back down to League two might just be what he needs to recover that form.

If its a small fee, I would say lets get him in.

I remember a certain Tom Bradshaw who was highly rated, then fell on hard times at Shrewsbury languishing in the reserves, until Dean Smith took a chance on him.

6 Likes

As long as itā€™s not AlexšŸ™

Heā€™ had two barren seasons in BS7 Barnet, I would agree with your suggestion that he best operates in tier 4.
If the Saddlers have ambitions of spending just one season down in tier 4 is Tom Nicholls really a wise investment?

As a Gashead I would happily take some of Jeffs cash just to get him off the wage billā€¦I some how think that DC has put Nicholls down to experience and wouldnā€™t invite him to Bescot on a free and at half his current salary.

1 Like

Thought Iā€™d check this lads dreadful record out at the level we are talking about. 33 goals in 90 Apps before the age of 23.

Considering A) Weā€™ve not even been linked with him and B) Thatā€™s hardly a dreadful record Iā€™m not exactly very worried :+1:

What a glorious specimen of facial hair. Some real work gone into that.

Good signing on paper this

Oh no, weā€™ve signed a bloody hipster. :wink:

In all seriousness, if thatā€™s the type of player heā€™s bringing in, alongside him saying we need to develop our own talent, then iā€™m more than happy with his approach.

1 Like

Great signing, highly delighted with this great start, and, for once we are not waiting until the first week in August to fill the squad with the dregs that no other bugga wants!

1 Like

As my mate pointed out, we signed Cook in May last year and then basically waited until the day before the first game to sign anyone else.

I told him off for being a negative doom monger :roll_eyes::wink:

6 Likes

Does anybody understand why Sinclairs length of contract would need to be undisclosed?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Maybe heā€™s carrying an injury and they want see if he recovers before they offer him a contract.Or maybe they are waiting until his previous contract with Bristol rovers expires in july.

Wonder if we will sign any players this week

1 Like

post that in august and you may get a favorable reply :rofl::wink:

Itā€™s the bunker mentality mindset that is Bonserā€™s Walsall.

Would be nice to get team in as soon as so the team can gel

Struggling to find the correct topic ā€¦ taken from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/simon_bromford/status/1133106314152960000?s=21

See the ā€œNot Going Outā€ thread in the Slightly Off Topic section.

How come Stefan Payne didnā€™t do much for you guys?