Fitzwater gone

Cos we are ■■■■■???

On balance have we treated the WBA loan players fairly?

Has Wilson gone back better for the experience?

Are we really that bothered over Fitzwater?

My guess is WBA, or Fitzwater’s agent, have had a permanent offer from another club. I’d expect him to be sold in this window.

I think the lack of communication from WFC about this is what we should be peeved about.

Worried about giving our team away? What utter tosh. Like Stuart McCall has been second guessing who may be playing right centre back for us this week.

3 Likes

Personally i don’t think any club will send a decent player on loan to us in the current climate

1 Like

This is precisely why teams send scouts to watch their opponents. They look for weaknesses to exploit, who are the weak links and what are their strengths.
If you went to Bolton you would have seen that Bolton were set up in the first half to counter a 3 at the back formation that we had used previously. Thats why we were the better team in the first half. When they came out for the second half their formation had changed to break down our 4-4-2 and we got stuffed because we didn’t have the nous to change our formation.

2 Likes

Agreed. It also needs to be a question at the fans forum which we’ll no doubt have half hours notice for. Simply, did WBA agree a deal for him to come back, or did we assume? Only then will we know if WBA were arseholes or if we were amateur.

They could tell us anything, it would be interesting to hears WBA’s reasons why, although I doubt the media will be arsed to ask them.

This is true, and they probably would feed us lies, but if they openly blamed WBA and it wasn’t their fault then it’d be interestint to hear WBA’s response.

If you look at the loan signings, apart from Fitzwater, they hardly played - not a great advert for clubs to loan us players for league one experience!

1 Like

because they where players Dean did not really want but had little option due to the lack of financial backing.

1 Like

Agreed with the financial backing, but there are hundreds of experienced players looking for clubs in the summer - surely there was budget for them?

1 Like

not from what i heard at the time.

We can’t upset WBA or wolves cuz we have to have there cast offs .

But 9 times out of 10 they let them go to other clubs?

Expect an experienced head to sign this week who is fairly at home in this area:wink:

2 Likes

I was having a pint in the hussey arms with kenny last week and he never said anything?:open_mouth::rofl:

2 Likes

Let’s hope he’s a centre back then!

Precisely my point. Parkinson’s not knowing our defensive formation in advance of the game last week, offered us a pointless advantage. We won at 1/2 time. And who’s to say he’d have not started the same XI against us anyway.

McCall would have estimated we were playing 4 at the back this week, perhaps from scouting, perhaps from seeing we hadn’t re-registered Fitzwater. But really, how much of an advantage would that have put him at? He’s prepared to change a team’s set up, as we saw with his subs today. And all this against the disadvantage of yet more poor relations with your own fans at a very tricky time.

Keates didn’t cover himself in managerial glory yesterday, think he may put a little too much focus on things that don’t actually affect the bigger picture all that much. Remembering his mantra, his first and only priority is to give the fans of Walsall a team to be proud of.

I’m not buying the we didn’t develop them arguement.

They sent us Tyler Roberts last season. We developed him ok. Ultimately it is down to the player. Wilson was playing at too high a level and Fitzwater showed the end of last season was just form. It’s hard to care about not having him back.

Does he shop at Halfords…

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17350207.rovers-defender-paul-downing-interesting-league-one-club/

Gulp

1 Like