Fitzwater gone

Not as bad as we thought he was at the time, not good enough for what we need I wouldn’t have thought, but will reserve judgement.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat atm

3 Likes

Me too

I used to think he was ok but always prone to a bad mistake he was better than what we we have now so was Preston

1 Like

Preston, no. Downing? I hope he’s matured (he probably has) because what we need right now is a commanding, vocal centre half and he wasn’t previously that.

The truth is, based on that team that almost won promotion, he wasn’t good enough and letting him go was generally welcomed at the time. In view of what has happened since, we really should have kept him.

1 Like

Apparently did ok at rovers at first

Seems to reek of desperation to me…

1 Like

Preston who got sent off yesterday in a league two game? He was bang average and very slow.

Downing though would absolutely stroll into this team to be fair.

1 Like

Yes please. He’s a decent player and is better than Fitzwater and Martin.

I thought Downing was starting games for Blackburn?

If he’s available snap him up for sure. Only issue is he needs experienced head alongside him (was always good with J O’C or Butler alongside him) but he struggled when he had to be lead man. Not sure now him and Guthrie would gel together tbh.

Started most of their games last season when promoted. CB who was injured last season is now fit and has reclaimed his place in the side - PD has only played 4 times this season

1 Like

Downing isnt the name thats been mentioned to me much more experienced is all i can say:wink:

1 Like

Who @Killer78?

As a player-coach again? And more experienced, Ian Roper then :wink:

2 Likes

I really hope it’s Fobba, he’d sort this ■■■■ out.

1 Like

Scott Dann? Is he fit?

similar age to russell martin maybe Rob or neuromantic have heard also

1 Like

Walsall Casual used to know what was going on but not seen any posts from him for a while.

" Right player we’ve set up a deal so that you go out on loan for the rest of the season …it’s Walsall , any questions "

" Yes Boss does this mean i’m going in the shop window , or do you really rate me that bad and want rid ? "

James O’Connor? Similar age to one player who was homesick recently, knows the club, would add some stability to defence line. But once again, team lost two defenders and one coach in one day, so who will fill that void in staff, that’s the question. I’ve read many people were concerned, how club will handle staff shortage :wink: