Fitzwater gone

Described by The Sun as “the vilest footballer in the UK” after a photograph showed him wiping his backside with £20 notes (this was in 2012). He was done for drunk driving in the States in 2016.

Apart from that, at the age of 34 does he have the necessary pace for League One?

1 Like

we need some bastardly back in the team, especially at the back.

Thought he still played in MLS? Guess he wants to come back home as he’s done well over the pond by all accounts and good lifestyle aswell.

He can also play left back…

Edit: Didn’t see he’d been released.

1 Like

Why would they do that? It makes no sense. If we have to pay for him then Bonser would have made him crawl from Brighton! And how could Keates have blow the budget when we got £200k for Baka and probably something similar for Ginnelly? I reckon Martin (an ex-International) would have been on £3k a week - surely we can bring 2-3 decent players in…and I don’t mean the likes of Ngoy, Sh!tebo and “Lord Lucan” aka Kristian Bielik - surely the most pointless signing since Ken Armstrong. The next two weeks will decide whether we are watching 4th Division football next season or not. I wonder what the cut-off point is when Bonser realises he might have to invest some of his wonga? Bottom 2 of Division 4?

6 Likes

Yes, he’s coming home because dollar bills don’t have the same absorbency as good old £20 notes!

2 Likes

We must have made a few bob out of the cup matches / prize money as well

1 Like

Bielik has been excellent for Charlton, regular for a team comfortably in top 6.

If he’d ever had got fit he’d have been a fine loan signing especially when Edwards did his knee.

2 Likes

Well, he looked good, when he played in Premier League, competent defender in short summary, but the same words could be used to describe Russell Martin and it wasn’t too big positive change. Or any positive change. But someone has to arrive. Now there are Guthrie, Jonson and returning from injury Roberts. One more injury or suspension and Ben Purkiss have to be recalled, to play as centre back. Still I think Fitzwater version 2019 would be better. So someone young, trying to prove something.

1 Like

Indeed, and a real insight into the fine margins between “success” and failure. Arguably, last season would have turned out very differently if Edwards hadn’t got injured when he was in really fine form and then if the bielak loan had worked out.

I think keates is really going to struggle to bring in the players we need - a relegation battle, worst form in the division, toxic fans, a low wage structure and, if they look at the loans we’ve had so far this season, no guarantee of playing. I will take my hat off to him if he conjures up some quality from that situation.

3 Likes

Walsall or Dubai…hmmmmmm

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/01/15/west-brom-boss-darren-moore-runs-the-rule-over-jack-fitzwater-in-dubai/

“IF he’d ever have got fit”. It’s only two-letters but “IF” is a bloody big word. He was never fit and he had absolutely no commitment to play for Walsall, so therefore he was a complete waste of a loan signing.

@Saddlertd Bielik is probably my least favourite footballer of all time when it comes to putting on the Walsall jersey that I would give almost anything to have worn. He showed zero respect to Whitney, his teammates or the fans. I remember one game when we lost and he wrote on social media “Great win for the lads today #gunners #Arsenal”. Talk about sticking two fingers up to the fans who were suffering a painful relegation scrap at the time. I’m not saying that I hate him but if he was in a room with Jack the Ripper and Mussolini and I only had two bullets left, I’d shoot him twice!

3 Likes

LMAO!! Couldn’t agree more.

:joy:

Well the other 2 are already dead :wink:

2 Likes

Depends when that was really. Wasn’t the loan terminated around March time?

End of the day he was injured when he signed but it was assumed it would clear up within a week or two and then there was another setback just as he was joining up to the squad and so on.

Similar to one of the players Richard Money signed from abroad who hardly ever played, forget his name.

Geordie Lyall ?

Allen Picken?

2 Likes

The real worry year in year out is that we unearth or produce the Cooks of this world and history repeats over , and over we don’t do / pay enough to keep hold of them .

FFS i’m so ■■■■■■ off with this , and it’s all i’ve ever known here , and basically i’ve had a ■■■■ full ,

Boy oh boy what would we turn out like if some ■■■■■■ took over who wanted success as much as us the supporters

Agree , but as usual last minute signing with no information / minimum knowledge of the players we bring in because its just a panic …i’m surprised they have two legs sometimes