Fixture Release Day - 23rd June

Belph seems to be hedging his bets a bit. While he came out last Friday, he still seems to harbour a fondness for the back end of June, whoever she might be.

2 Likes

another non-league team about to dissapear

My understanding is that the club will be used for park-and-ride for the Commonwealth Games at the Alexander Stadium. There was a practice event yesterday, and there’s no way a football match could be accommodated as well. The whole of the road past the ground was coned off and the station car park and the club car parks were being used.

If that’s correct, the games clash with the first two Saturdays of the season, as well as the mid week between, so we may have to wait a bit for our first home game.

Sutton United at home.
Kiosks to run out of food before half time and @TheBostedSlab missing kickoff when his turnstile operator fails to show again. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Always an away game early doors for me, although there’s not exactly anywhere to make much of holiday weekend of it now Exeter and Brizzle have gone.

Crawley perhaps?

There’s always the underrated holiday destination which is Hartlepool. Got to laugh at Wrexham losing today, be even funnier if they lose in the play offs. God help us if we ever end up down there!!

2 Likes

Was actually going to mention that, but more for it’s proximity to Whitby

Stevenage or Crawley away. It might be slightly more interesting than usual as an opening fixture and we would take a few hundred extra.

1 Like

I know a few MK Dongs fans that went gloryhunting down to Wembley today for Newport Pagnells appearance in the FA Vase final. Great goal from outside the area scored. Made me laugh that NP’s crowd was bigger than most weekends at Stadium MK. :rofl:

It’ll be Crewe or Gillingham away. Or Crewe then Gillingham away…

1 Like

Crewe away wouldn’t be too shabby

We had a slight brush with it this year and thankfully we didn’t end up there,it could take a very long time to come back from it as we’ve all seen with the likes of Stockport,Wrexham and Notts County fingers crossed Flynn takes us much higher up the league let’s be honest I can’t see Flynn with a relegation on his CV he’d walk before that happened and it would all be the fault of the board.

1 Like

Don’t worry, 30 goals from James Norwood will see us right…

1 Like

There’s nothing planned for the Alexander stadium on 30th July, but there are athletic events on 6th August. So I recon we’ll be at home for the first game and away on 6th August if they’re using our place for park and ride.

2 Likes

Have to say we stayed over in Hartlepool last season , absolutely great night out , highly recommended

2 Likes

Won’t be Notts County, they were winning 1-0 after 95:50, with 10 seconds left and conceded.

Went to extra time and they conceded again in the 119th minute :laughing:

1 Like

Got what they deserved too, it was all Grimsby. Shame though, would have taken a trip to Nottingham! :beers::soccer::soccer:

1 Like

Personally I’d probably prefer a home game as we have more chance of winning.

I don’t think we can afford to kick off with another defeat :rofl:

Would’t mind Grimsby either. The fish and chip shop round the corner from the ground is fantastic. Not quite as good as a trip to Hooters but not far off

Don’t really mind any of the playoff candidates coming up other than Solihull really.

Don’t really want Wrexham in the league I suppose, but it’s a virtual home game for me.