Fixturs

game off sat wounder when we play it

You can play it at 11am on a Tuesday morning if you haven’t got to cater for a crowd,so there shouldn’t be a problem fitting it in.

3 Likes

Not sure whether some of our season ticket holders etc watching on ifollow would be happy with that timing. For retired geriatrics like me it would be fine. Given the time i often wake up quite a bit earlier in fact!

2 Likes

I can’t wait until I retire. Just the 36 years to go according to my pension letter. Unless I win the lottery of course, then it could be more like 36 hours.

8 Likes

The only advice i can give you mate is overpay into an AVC if you can afford it, even if it’s only £20 a month, over the years it will build up and i think the government pay something into it as well? i think it is 20%, it could mean the difference between retiring earlier than normal or going until you drop :wink:

3 Likes

DM me some information.

I’ll have a look into it tomorrow!

1 Like

The money you pay into an AVC is not taxable (up to certain limits) so investing £20 per month into your pension costs you £16.67 if you pay tax at the 20% rate.

1 Like

It’s such a boring thing thinking ahead for retirement especially when you are young. In 1976 Mrs Hullsaddler left work to do a professional social work course. She was allowed to withdraw the couple of years superannuation she had built up. We spent this on our first small colour TV (about £2000 in today’s money! They were v expensive comparatively then). If she had left the money in it would be now adding very nicely to her pension every month. We hadn’t a clue about such things! We tried to repay the contributions before she retired but it was too late. We won’t make that mistake again!

If you can find a struggling lower league club you could buy the freehold for a song and then rent the ground back to them with the rent going into your pension. Rent indexed linked, tenants responsible for upkeep and maintenance and no end of future opportunities to optimise future revenue. You know it makes sense.

2 Likes

The tried and tested method is to arrange a ground move, shuffle the club shareholding into two entities, file no accounts, use the club money to clean up some dirty land, manufacture a crisis and buy the club for a quid and the land off your mates, separately, transfer it into a pension fund and claim your hands are tied, even though you’re the number one fan.

2 Likes