Flynn Clarke Signs

Awful signing looks miles away from being good enough

1 Like

From a Norwich fan further up this thread:

“Creative forward, either wide or number 10. Nice dribbler, eye for goal from distance and gets in the box for tap-ins. Doesn’t really influence the game defensively, so games passed him by when he played in midfield. Looks better the nearer he gets to goal.”

This matches what I’ve seen on the occasions I’ve seen Clarke. He’s been played in midfield and the game has indeed passed him by. I wonder if, as suggested above, there’s mileage in playing him as a forward? The problem is that he really looks nowhere near a starting place at the moment.

Matches like last night would have been an ideal opportunity to give him a go as a forward but he was put in midfield again to give Abraham and DJ-T a run up front, neither of whom look up to it in their preferred positions.

3 Likes

Bye bye birdseye.

Bit embarrassing for everyone involved.

2 Likes

Correct decision cack.

2 Likes

I find this a little concerning from our perspective.
I agree with the termination of the loan, he looks Miles off League football, however what due diligence was done on bringing him in, in the first place ?
DJT looks similar, reeks of scatter gun and cheap as opposed to a much better transfer policy due to Trivela

3 Likes

I wish him well, but i’m glad he’s gone as it was clear that he contributed nothing which was disappointing given the comments from Norwich/Peterborough fans when we signed him. I assume it means we’ll be bringing someone else in.

1 Like

Maybe we were offered him and just snapped him up. To be honest I’d rather we cut our losses and chalk it off as a mistake early and free up the space,

Even with a small squad he wasn’t ever gonna get a game was he.

2 Likes

When we signed him it was strange as we were stocked in the middle.
Creativity / wingers is what we needed

1 Like

Never sure what he was supposed to be. Not big or quick, nor did he appear to be very technical.

An absolute shocker on Tuesday aswell.

2 Likes

Remember Flynn and Hatswell questioning his performance against Swindon earlier in the season. Hats was non too pleased at the time.

Think this decision makes sense all round.

Club keep signing these type of players all the time. I’m sure a couple more will be arriving before we’re done. When will we ever learn. They do nothing but tick presumably Boycotts profile of basically bring Free or at a very negligible cost

All loan signings have elements of risk involved, but for me you’d expect more to be relative successes compared to our success rate.

2 Likes

It’s quite simple really. Our loan signings never work out because they are not of the right quality. Usually kids in a last chance saloon to save their footballing careers

Can’t believe you have not worked that out yet lol!!!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say they’re usually in the last chance saloon. Flynn Clarke was signed for a decent amount by a then PL team from a club with an exemplar record of selling on players.

Not much to ‘work out’ - some will work, some won’t. You are just an extremely negative poster. We could walk the league and sign all our first choice targets who go on to be a success and you’d still find a reason to moan.

5 Likes

Totally wrong. Some of our loan players over the last few years have come to us free very much on a ‘last chance’ basis. That’s why they appeal. We don’t have to pay!!!

You were bang on the money, I got sucked in once again!

1 Like

Yes some of them. Hence why I said some will work, some won’t :man_shrugging:

Last season Rushworth, Miller, Menayese (until he signed perm) and to an extent Shade were decent and a success. Melbourne and Wright the season before in the grand scheme of things.

Agreed none of them absolutely ‘tore it up’ but there is a reason why clubs don’t want, or need them in their squad.

1 Like

3o72F5tx9CEhSDxonC

‘Our loan signings NEVER work out’ is quite a sensationalist statement indeed.

I’m sure everyone from Martin O’Connor, Kevin Harper and Julian Joachim to Lee Holmes, Milan Lalkovic, Craig Westcarr and Karl Rushworth will thank you for that.

3 Likes

Lalkovic doesn’t belong on that list to be honest. He wasn’t awful, pretty bang average though.

1 Like