Focus Meeting - 16th January

Very sensible and thought out comments.

You can tell he is a genuine guy unlike the last and genuinely has the best interests for the club at heart - that doesn’t mean everything he says is going to come to fruition as and when he says it will but he’s a smart businessman so I have confidence his plans will come through eventually

Agreed we need to see some short term success too, no matter what the long term goals are, we should be having a real go at this division and having a go in the cups

Also agree with other people saying not too much has changed since he took over but I believe he is doing things in the background that we’ll see the benefits of and it’s nice to have an owner communicate with us so for that I’m willing to take his word on what he says until he does otherwise

3 Likes

Would be nice, but there’s usually one around this time of year and LP has made a point of doing these types of things more often than previous years anyway so I wouldn’t read too much into it

Cup runs? A bit like the ones Shrewsbury seem to have every single year?

1 Like

Yeah it does get ridiculous. This is the first one I’ll be missing for awhile. Can’t be arsed getting home later than usual because the last half hour was full of stupid questions where everyone on the stage just looks awkward when people go on and on and on.

Can someone in attendance please post a summary of all the daft, waffly questions at the end of the meeting. It always makes a good read.

3 Likes

Can someone ask them what day is the Sunday Market on?

1 Like

From my experience of these meetings, that wouldn’t be the stupidest question ever asked!

6 Likes

I know, i was at the last one and it was painful :see_no_evil:

1 Like

‘Why is there gold in our logo?’

1 Like

Fabulous comment and bang on the money.

A free-for-all format just allows some ridiculous questions. One of the best was, while the ground was crumbling round our ears, asking Jeff why DK was playing someone at right back.

:joy::joy::joy::clap:

4 Likes

If it was me I would be working to get the freehold back in our hands and get rid of (say) Whalley as I think he is tainted and these 2 things would launch the club into a new era.

3 Likes

Worth reading comments on the transfer thread before attending tomorrow

Will be interesting to hear DC’s thoughts on the season so far and some of his decisions which have looked a bit odd.

Does he really believe Gaffney will just come good (I presume the club will confirm tonight he can’t just be sent back to Salford so that will probably be the big “exclusive”)

Would be really interested to know what the hell happened to Jules the last two months after being taken off v Darlington.

Also ask him what he thinks the team rarely gets a result when they go behind in a game. This season’s record is very painful reading so far.

1 Like

Will anyone be asking questions about coaching badges or how Ian Holloway is getting on at Grimsby?

I do hope so.

Well he aint made a bad start, unbeaten in his first two games, both away, win and a draw and talking about mounting a late play off charge and has already made three new signings this month with another on the way according to reports.

Another side no bigger than us, more or less the same really.

I wonder how many coaching badges he has.

1 Like

286 at the last count…he’s even got one for Pro Evo ( xbox not playstation)

That a little sly dig at me my friend? Because if it is I am simply saying it will be interesting to see where they finish as people are on one side or the other as regards making signings some want them some don’t see the point as this season is basically “a write off” They are around us in the table and are signing players we ain’t signed anybody and our club are suggesting it’s not really an issue to do so.I thought a football forum was to speak about these issues and comparing us to other clubs is part and parcel of some discussions now if that’s wrong could you point me in the right direction?

No, not a dig. I’m just baffled as to how much Holloway gets mentioned on here compared to other league 2 managers.

1 Like

Fair enough :+1:t2: