Footy off

Wood game now off.

1 Like

Have they said because of the coronavirus ?

Yep. Agreed by both clubs.

1 Like

I wonder how long it will be before other clubs follow suit?

Notice Chesterfield have released a statement criticising the National League for not cancelling games.

1 Like

I suppose it is quite difficult for clubs in the lower leagues, they sometimes live from hand to mouth, and losing a day’s match day takings could mean the difference between surviving and folding :frowning_face:

1 Like

Couple of hundred through the gates, profit on beer and food, programmes, raffle tickets etc. All adds up I guess.

1 Like

I suppose it depends how much of the costs of putting the games on are offset by them not going ahead.

2 Likes

I shall be attending Stafford Rangers

Isn’t that classified as money laundering and thereby illegal?

Pomlett said on Wm words to the affect of…“lack of revenue won’t affect us. I WILL SEE TO THAT”

1 Like

I was ahead of the times in the 80’s . Most of the cheques I wrote back then were made of rubber cos they kept bouncing back.

There was a story the other day that Chinese were sterilizing all notes and couns

Absolutely willenhall, :grin:

There has been increasing use of ‘cashless’ payments in both Hong Kong and China - and that started well before the virus outbreak.

The use of smart cards and payment via mobile phone will probably become even more prevalent.

The Octopus card in HK is not only used on public transport. It can be used in shops, supermarkets, taxis, vending machines, and for parking. There’s no need for me to handle ‘dirty money’ when I’m allowed out.

NB The virus will live longer on coins than on notes.

Stafford Rangers now off so going to Stone Old Alleynians vs Wythenshawe Amateurs

Bored in Hong Kong.

Excited in Singapore.

Oatcakes with Sausage and Cheese and a Stella pre-match

5 Likes