Forest Green Rovers (H) 10th Aug, 3pm

That was me on twitter Tom :stuck_out_tongue: @Tatooine_71

As some have already said FGR are a good side and I see this as a real test, for that reason my heart tells me a 2-1 win to us, my head tells me 1-1. If we win this match I will be going home very happy, this is by no means a gimmy.

2 Likes

Clarke expecting a tough test. Also reveals we played a behind closed door friendly against Kidderminster Harriers on Tues.

They are better, were in play offs last season (Northampton were bottom half I think) and started with 1-0 win over Oldham.

Going for a 1-1. They are decent so tricky game to start the home season off with. What’s the crowd looking like, over 4k?

I spoke with someone at the club today and they are hoping for a 5k gate. Apparently we’ve sold around 3,700 tickets. Not sure how many FGR have sold though

1 Like

5k would be a good start considering we are playing FGR. A win and we could be heading to Crewe with a huge backing top of the table how good would that feel. UTS

1 Like

FGR only get about 2k at home, small club even for league two level. Think a Fleetwood style away following.

Need to shift another 1k to get close to 5k I think so will need a bit walkup.

Apologies for being negative. I think we will struggle as they are plying the same side that has played in the last month. Little tinkering! (Those who like a bet will understand)

We need to start at home with momentum but not high tempo. This is the first game at home under a new regime. Let’s not get carried away. We have many games ahead.

1-1 - 5121

10 out of ten for the Bescot Noise

1 Like

Mark Cooper describes Walsall as a ‘big club’. I suppose it’s all relative!

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/sport/17824867.walsall-vs-forest-green-mark-cooper-press-conference--cooper-gives-injury-update-george-williams-thoughts-walsall-boss-darrell-clarke/

Let’s sell as many meat pies as possible for the Forest Gump “veggies”

Maybe maybe not , I believe Northampton spent a fair few quid over the summer.

Gutted I can’t get to this one. Birthday commitments and all that :unamused:

This we’ll win this 2-0.

Christ he’s boring isn’t he?

3 Likes

Absolutely what I thought, wonder if he’s related to O"Dismal ?

1 Like

Spare single ticket going in the OAP stand if anyone wants if. FoC in the spirit of getting people through the door.

Is the offer still on Ramred ? if so I would like it not been for a long time.
Regards.

A good time to come back then. You have dm.

Just got me ticket.

Prediction for 5000 beer fuelled saddlers fans to go mental and 186 FGR fans to be on the 16:31 to go back to their knitting. FGR players beaten before they even kick a ball.

Saddlers taking on board lessons at preseason villa match for every first touch to be on an opposing player before worrying about the ball.

A 6 Nil thumping then ensues on a game won on pure energy and intimidation and naff all to do with skill or formation.

Candlin to score all 6 and me bet comes in.

Then I woke up.

Result I’m not concerned about this stage of the season, just looking forward to been at a noisy bouncing bezzla again. UTS!

2 Likes

I’m coming for the first time in 12 months. Nothing to do with Bonser. Just living in Northwich and not being able to drive. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Hope it’s a good game for you mate :+1:

1 Like

Cheers Chunks. Let’s hope it’s a good un.

1 Like