Former players - where are they now?

Wilson for them has played well

The fact that we are in a lower division than the Shrews really sticks in the craw.

1 Like

Not for much longer :grin:

1 Like

How many teams have been relegated from the third division with the cultured left boot of Leahy?

Us, Brizzle Rovers and hopefully the Slopies this season.

2 Likes

Leahy has scored in each of their last 3 games. Seems to been in a bit of form.

Definitely left because of a lack of financial backing, since he left, and now has the clout, we can see how well Fail are doing. Not looking forward to the fixture coming soon, think we will be brought down to earth with bump.
Still sticks in the craw though, what a merchant banker the guy was, glad we have Taylor, such a different class of human being.

He may have left because of a lack of re-investing any of the Adebayo and Jules fees but I’d say he had the backing he asked for in his first season.

Entirely his fault he wasted some of it on the likes of Guthrie, Sinclair, Lavery etc.

Maybe a more able coaching staff and a DoF to keep him in check are possible reasons for Vale’s start?

4 Likes

Absolutely. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with the point made. Taylor does have a bit of class about him how he speaks and conducts himself, and at times Clarke didn’t cover himself in glory with digs at the fans and all other kinds of nonsense he spoke.

Still, one Saturday morning on a match day I went to the ground with my wife and two lads to pick up some tickets. We were quite a way back on the car park and he was milling around by the front entrance. He came over to say hello to the boys, had a photo with them and thanked us for our support. As mentioned above I think he failed in his first transfer window and was always playing catch up from that, and I don’t think he handled the pressure very well, he was always keen to deflect criticism. It doesn’t mean he is an awful human being though.

Still it would be fun to put one over on him !

3 Likes

Worsul43va…Matty Taylor, likeable bloke but completely out of his depth.

Unusual response there Kevlar, yes he is on an a learning curve and has made some dreadful mistakes, specially early on, which means we will finish up mid table, but I think that if Bonser allows us to keep him next year he could come good for us.

Ashley Hemmings scored the winner for Kiddy in the cup.

Exactly this.

What is the deal with the new chant about him? I guess it’s supposed to be ‘banter’ but I find it disgusting and embarrassing to be honest.

4 Likes

Is that the same one I heard at Newport? Same as what Man. United fans used to sing about Wenger?

Don’t really think it’s a good idea to sing that to him at Vale. One of their fans reports it to Staffs police and club going to have to deal with week of negative publicity.

What is it? I only go to home games but haven’t heard anything.

It really is anyone with half a brain wouldnt join in with that

2 Likes

I don’t want to repeat it on here, but it alleges inappropriate behaviour towards children.

2 Likes

theres one about dogs as well.

Fair enough. Not really what we want or need.

Back on topic, not sure if it has been mentioned, but Shakey got the sack from Villa as well, following Deano out of the door.