Former players - where are they now?

I’ve no interest in international football but I hope Rico gets a call-up, firstly because we will supposedly get a payment for it, and secondly because it should enable WFC to say to good young players of 14,15, whatever age, “if you start with us you can play for England, you don’t need to sign for a big club as a youngster”. Henry will (hopefully) join Ricketts in starting with us and playing for England during the Premier League era.

2 Likes

Kory Roberts has just signed on loan for Rushall Olympic.

Great signing for Rushall but what a shame to see Kory that low. I thought he was going to be a great player for us.

4 Likes

Id be watching him like a hawk I’ve always felt he could return

2 Likes

My nephew said they had lost one of their better players to Rushall a few weeks ago

George Dobson is playing for Charlton tonight in the FA Cup at Gateshead.

2 Likes

Wes McDonald starts for Morecambe at Buxton - on BBC One now

Playing right mid interestingly

1 Like

Been watching it, still doing his fancy step overs and not getting anywhere really!

Just heard the buxton staff shouting to the pitch whilst he was in possession, “He’s all right foot, he’s all right foot”!!:joy:

1 Like

Need some cameras with windscreen wipers

Just put a dangerous cross in, so that will be him done for the rest of the match :smiley:

It surprising really how many of last seasons squad got a move up to League One… McDonald, Nolan, Scarr and Jayden Reid all had pretty bad years for us.

Add those to Nurse and Jules who did fairly well, and Adebayo in the Championship it shows how poorly we were managed last year too.

3 Likes

Put in a couple to be fair. One of the few on the pitch that have played well.

That’s what amuses me when I see people dismissing players based on the overall performance of the team they’re in. E.g. there were some negative comments about Menayese when we signed him because Mansfield obviously didn’t rate him and had loaned him iuwt to Grimsby who got relegated.

Our final league position last season might have been about right based on overall team performance over the 46 games, but it didn’t necessarily reflect the ability or potential of each individual player.

1 Like

There’s two players that have left and gone on to higher things :joy: they largely were as shit as people said :man_shrugging:

Most of whom were “conference at best” or were destined to be “stacking shelves in Aldi” according to some on here.

Not saying they were all better - just that you can’t generalise from how good or bad an overall team is to how good or bad an individual player might be.

No but you can watch them perform and tell. I’d say it was accurate if a fair majority of them. And to be fair I rated McDonald so I’m a little surprised he’s in League One but not overly so.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’m not saying we should have been much higher up with those players, I’m just surprised at some that got a move upwards based on what we saw of them.

Wouldn’t swap most of them for who we currently have going on their performances here which says quite a lot. But perhaps we should have done slightly better if other managers saw something in them too

1 Like