Former players - where are they now?

Not sure if this has already been posted, but some interesting reminiscing by Ricketts and Deeney on their Walsall days around the time of Ricketts’ return.

Around the 32 minute mark onwards.

Sounds like it was fun days under Jimmy Mullen. :grinning:

Special mention of Bonser turning up in a new Audi R8 after Fox and Dann were sold.

11 Likes

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Flynn Clarke signs for Scunthorpe on loan from Norwich

Osadebe scores for Forest Green, hope the Brentford scouts were watching.

2 Likes

Kinsella plays the full 90 minutes in a Cheltenham win.

11 Likes

Again

4 Likes

He’s rubbish!!! We’ve got Stirk and Tierney. Be so hard to choose between them for player of the season. Brilliant bit of work by Saddler.
Thank God he shipped Maher out and dumped Foulkes too. Bleedin’ fancy dans.

Jack Fitzwater raising awareness of Colitis:

7 Likes

I think that’s what Russell Martin had. He adopted a vegan diet and as far as I know that brought it under control.

2 Likes

Fitzwater treatment in 18/19 was bizarre.

Was a really good start to the season and him and Guthrie were a decent enough combination.

Then he got dropped for Russell Martin. Came back into the team for a couple of draws over xmas 2019 before West Brom recalled him.

Then he returned on the last day of Jan 2019 window but was a waste of time as he started just two more matches that season.

Wish him well with his health.

4 Likes

Harry Harris now managing Hednesford Town has just signed Jake Jervis and Nathan Delfouneso til the end of the season. Big players for that level.

3 Likes

Just had a takeover so looks like owners making a statement. Wonder is they are selling shirts, JJ is a Pitman? :grin:

Wasn’t Jervis the forward who was in his car on tbe way to Bescot to sign for us on one deadline day only to get a last minute better offer and turn tbe car around?

4 Likes

Correct…. The fee had been agreed etc and he went to Plymouth instead if I remember rightly

I think he went from Plymouth to Luton (who were certainly below us in the pyramid, at the time).

They’ve moved on while we have drunk from the stagnant pond of ennui ever since.

He was on the car park when he got the call they watched him drive off so i was told at the time :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m sure they played a metal fest I was at a decade or so ago. :laughing:

4 Likes

Doesn’t quite beat the Roy Keane Matt Taylor story.

2 Likes

Emmanuel Ledesma - at 35 let’s get him back , playing for the Last Vegas Lights , the draw of Bescot over Las Vegas he wouldn’t be able to resist.

Has to be better at crossing than Knowles

3 Likes

Nosferatu is better at handling crosses than Tom Knowles!

6 Likes