Former players - where are they now?

That lad who didn’t do much at Wigan (at 22) just scored in a European Semi Final to become top scorer in the competition, beating a side that hold a win against City this season and are higher in their division than a team that just beat West Ham home and away. Not bad.

Yes I watched it…

Only my dog watches the BBC channels and in black and white to boot.

Do you have to buy a licence if only your dog watches it?

1 Like

Only a black and white one.

1 Like

Do you still need a license for the dog?

Already been answered.

2 Likes

Dog licence used to cost seven shillings and six pence (thirty seven and half p )

Dalmatian?

1 Like

As long as it’s a TV setter.

2 Likes

Don’t like the way this is going, wished I hadn’t joined.

3 Likes

Feeling lead on? Down, boy!

2 Likes

Thread’s on the bones of its arse. Canis be the end?

1 Like

I only watch TV for the quizzes. I win a lot of them.

3 Likes

Was he scoringnearly 15-20 goals a season when at league one level?

Still that’s a very good achievement by Rangers. Leipzig are an excellent team who were in CL SF not so long ago and they also got to final without any of Moreles, Kemar Roofe or Aaron Ramsey featuring.

Nope. Developing as a player (although I’m not sure why we are expecting that from a right back, clearly it’s a bonus to his all round play. And what a bonus), like I said. Bit harsh to hold people to standards they set 7 years ago. I didn’t watch much of Wigan at that point to be honest so it’s hard to say how good or bad he was, but he sure looked excellent last night against, as you say, a good side.

1 Like

I think that was the marriage licence. Hence the bingo call “Was she worth it? 7 and 6 - 76!”

I learned that at Rushall Labour Club when my Nan and Grandad took me there on Saturday nights. I was about ‘garden gate’ (8).

2 Likes

You are right but I think that predates the dog licence. I think you would have to go a long way back to when the marriage licence cost that. (Think the dog licence was abolished in 1987 )

One team got quite close:

Way back in the 1980-81 season, 3rd Division Newport County made it to the Quarter Finals of the European Cup Winners Cup, losing to East German team FC Carl Zeiss Jena. (It’s worth noting that Celtic got knocked out of the same competition at the First Round stage!)
Newport had qualified for the Cup Winners Cup by winning the Welsh Cup (beating The Sloppies 5-1 over 2 legs).

The previous season Newport had finished in 3rd place in the 4th Division (1 place behind the Mighty Saddlers). They gained promotion by beating The Saddlers 4-2 at Fellows Park on the final day of the season. I was there along with over 9000 other souls, as was a young John Aldridge (who scored 2 of Newports goals that day).

1 Like

I was talking more about the quality of teams in our division now, but that’s an impressive story.