Former players

A thread dedicated to the whereabouts of past players.
I see Ashley Hemmings has had an unsuccessful trial with moneybags Salford City - his career really has declined since leaving us.

Over to AFC Fylde…

Craig westcar is plying his trade at Alfreton town, i always liked him, and although he took stick off a certain section of our fans he did produce some good goals.Does anyone remember Levi Rowley? a good prospect after scoring a worldy against Tranmere youth side, even getting the nomination for goal of the month for the under 18’s, now playing for Rugby town.Michael cain, now playing for hemel hempstead? what a comedown that is for what i thought was a good footballer until smith dropped him in place for mantom at wembley a shocking decision,

I think Cain’s footballing career was ruined by his idiotic decision to offer match worn/ signed memorabilia of his/ that he’d collected off others players to fans on social media for money. I believe several people (including Walsall fans) never received the goods and there was a police investigation into it.

Smith really got Wembley wrong - Bradshaw wasn’t fit - neither was Mantom. Didn’t someone (perhaps James O’Connor?) leave the stadium having found they had been dropped for the match.

Alex Nichols has signed for Crewe - suffered a terrible injury at Northampton but glad he’s still in the game. Any idea what Taundry is doing these days?

it looks like the last time he was registered as playing football was at solihull moors back in 2014? edit looks like he is playing for leamington.

All of these examples should be a lesson for the younger lads especially - you can go from League 1 to oblivion overnight.

fantastic player for us not just in terms of effort, but i remember a mate running out of petrol on the way home from an away match, and who should pull up to ask if they needed help? Alex Nichols, he took him to the nearest petrol station and bought him back to the car, what a guy :+1:

His injury in youth cup game when first broke his leg did him at Walsall and then the Northampton one just as he got himself back looks to have killed his career.

Taundz is at Leamington I believe. What happened to that young right back who left for the money following Brandy to Sheffield United? Looked alright for us but totally forgot his name so mustn’t be doing any good now…

Flo Cuvelier apparently on trial at Scunthorpe

Went to watch Alfreton play last year and Westcarr scored the winner. They brought a young lad on with 20 mins to go who looked a class above. I couldn’t understand why he hadn’t started the game and was so impressed I looked up the match report when I got back to see who he was. It was only Bax who had recently returned from a spell in the states. There was another ex Saddler in the team but I’ve forgotten now who it was.

Would that be Daryl Westlake? Ended up in Scotland after Sheff United

Edit: He’s now at Stourbridge after spells with Mansfield and Kilmarnock … Grass clearly not greener

Richard Peniket? Scored for Alfreton tonight. They beat Burton 5-2!!

Think it was Lee Beavers if I remember correctly. Walsall - Mansfield - Non league obscurity seems a popular career path :blush:

Baxo recently joined Kiddy.

saying he is a coach at Alfrerton town now

I was at Blyth v Leamington last season. Taundz came on as a sub. I can remember playing cricket away at Leamington back in the 80’s-early 90’s and the food at tea was a phenomena, when Taundz came on I remember thinking the football club must use the same caterers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember trying lifting him up onto my shoulders on the pitch after the preston game at bescot, and telling him that we had made history. he looked bewildered, i was gutted when he left, but that was more sentiment than anything.

Steve Cherry can be found on social media undergoing regular angry mental rants about anything from the England football team to the price of haddock.

Kenny Mower can be located leading a conspiracy dance troupe entitled ‘nonsense on stilts’.

Michael Ngoo now playing for an Albanian team …