Free half season tickets!

I agree it’s unlikely we would do it

I disagree fans would abuse it - how could they? If every STH was given a free half ST to gift to anyone they liked - use it or not, how is it open to abuse?

I also disagree it would cost the club money - let’s say 1500 STH participate and max take up so another 1500 on the crowds for the remaining games - the stewards, police and other overheads are covered so whilst I accept they’d need a few more bar and catering staff etc, surely the increased revenue for food and drink sales will actually generate revenue (accepting of course that folk get served which is admittedly a constant problem for the club…)

I agree some would moan and that’s fully understandable but if we never do anything to motivate more to attend how will we ever develop and god forbid, start to improve the facilities into something like realistic in today’s footballing marketplace?

1 Like

You are assuming that the existing ST holders would give their freebies to people who wouldn’t otherwise have attended games. But if they went to people who would have gone (and paid) and now get in for free then that would actually reduce overall revenue.

1 Like

Edit: I managed to get one yesterday for family area (which were not available online), bloke at work will be pleased as he’s a single parent. This obviously wouldn’t work at a club like Walsall, as Phil says it works at Newcastle because the masses of tv revenue they get makes gate money meaningless. What makes Newcastle attractive to the tv companies is a full stadium with a decent atmosphere, which is why Newcastle are always chosen for being away on a Monday night tv game, because they will sell out their away allocation no matter what and create a decent noise for the cameras.

Aaah but have they ever given away free turkeys to oap"s now that’s a sign of a club loving its fans😉

1 Like