Fryatt Hotel Watch - 2021 Summer Transfer Rumours

@Peel85 At Northampton at the same time as Matt Taylor…

He’s played for kiddy and other non league clubs in recent years can’t see him being good enough the lad who was at palace looks interesting though wouldn’t mind seeing him in a game where we have more of the ball.

I think give both the triallists more time and the game against kiddy should hopefully show more what they can do for us.

Obviously last night was very hard and they were far ahead of us even with their second string playing in the second half. But to be expected tbh. The goals did worry a bit in terms of defence being out of posution, especially Taylor for the first two, but they are still getting used to each other as a unit so will bed in. I though Rollin menayese looked quite good when he came on and mills played okay so we have reasonable CB and FB cover.
Defo need more options up top.

My favourite part of the game last night was seeing kinsella not being afraid to fly in and challenge mcginn for the ball but bounce off him like a little schoolboy!!

1 Like

We obviously know we need an extra wideman as we have trialled 3. However, I hope we are looking for an additional central striker too.

3 Likes

What worries me is if we start the season wilkinson is out all we have is a kid who has never played a league game . We must sign a striker why we havent is a mystery to me as we needed one last year and let all them go at the end of the season as well

2 Likes

We need to get at least two of Holden, Earing and Wilkinson fit and ready for the start of the season. Be a real kick in the nuts if all 3 remain sidelined or simply wern’t up to speed.

1 Like

Holden took a knock from a defender against Palace. When he got up (gingerly) he was doing stretches and tried a bit of a jog before being taken off but didn’t need the physio on. It didn’t appear particularly major but could have been a tweak of his hamstring or back of knee ligaments? Hoping last night was more precautionary than him being on the sick list.

Are Wilkinson and Earing (and Bates for that matter) injured, Covid-positive, or just self-isolating (as we know others at the club are - including in the shop). If it’s just the latter then hoping they will be back in the frame for Kidderminster as will be past the 10 days (since we called off the first team going to Leaminigton).

1 Like

We simply have to bring in a striker or 2. The squad is completely unbalanced at the moment and what a waste of all that investment if we don’t finish it off properly

3 Likes

We are definitely light upfront and will have problems scoring goals with the forward line we have at the moment. Surely Villa, Spurs or Palace can lend us a decent young striker. I don’t think we’ll bother asking the Blues or Oxford though!

I think we need an experienced central striker and a wide player who need not be. We already have one inexperienced lad up front and that is enough for me. I hope we are negotiating for the former now so we can have a real go at this League.

1 Like

Judging by the business already completed this summer, I’m confident that JF and MT are on it.

1 Like

Be nice if Tom Heslop asked these questions post match rather than generic ones that he already answers for whoever he’s asking :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

He’s part of the club’s media team and is likely told what he can or can’t ask. I’d expect the E&S to ask these sorts of qs.

1 Like

Wilkinson was at the game last night, he wasn’t on the bench per se but he had training kit on and came out of the tunnel prior to the second half kickoff (I was directly above the tunnel), so it’s defo not COVID. Must be a knock you’d imagine?

1 Like

Without which we may as well write off yet another season. I don’t care a jot what the PC brigade say about teams that have been promoted without said striker. We have been a team that for years has suffered miserably because of our lack of goals…how long has it been since we had a positive goal difference?
We now have a defence that other 4th Division teams would not even dare to try to score against, but if we can’t score at the other end we will end up mid to bottom half again.
I trust that our new outfit in charge have this in hand…for all our sakes…not long to sort it lads…

1 Like

Unlikely but it could still be COVID related, he may not have been able to train properly for the last 10 days, so maybe off the speed so we may not have wanted to risk him.

1 Like

All this supposition. Why doesn’t someone just ask Matt or Jamie? My guess is that no-one has! They wont bite, and they just might appreciate fan’s interest.

It’s more fun having wild guesses :grinning:

1 Like

12 year old me was gutted when he got sacked , last time I looked him up he was playing for Thurrock but I think now is vanished from the footballing world.

1 Like

Same here - as a kid he seemed to be the most exciting player in a Walsall shirt. Always looked like tearing the defence of the opposition apart, but also looked like getting sent off and losing us the game. It’s a shame really as he had all the talent to be the best product from our academy, just not the mentality.

1 Like