George Miller

1 Like

Welcome George

Give ‘em hell

5 Likes

Good luck George hope you get loads of goals for the Saddlers.

2 Likes

Good luck George you will need it :wink:

Trying to get through the 500 comments that have sprung up in last few hours on the transfer thread. :joy:

From what I remember he was pretty highly rated at Bury when he broke through and Boro signed him but it didn’t work out. Then went back to Bury just before they went bust and scored pretty much 1 in 2 at this level to get them promoted. Then Barnsley who have got a good reputation for picking up players from lower leagues in last 5 years signed him but again didn’t work out.

Since then his career moves haven’t been great, didn’t score much at Bradford but they usually have loads of strikers so perhaps struggled to get gametime. 1 goal at Scunny though at this level is pretty near impossible to spin positively though!

So a bit of a gamble that could go either way given he has shown decent form at high levels in the past…but at least better standard than was being signed 12 months back.

Will keep an open mind on this one until he plays a few games. Hopefully at least means someone like Wilkinson will be played in his correct position now which would be a boost to overall attack.

9 Likes

Like I would any new signing, I wish him luck… BUT hopefully we delve into the free agent market for a more experienced front man as well.

No point getting anymore loans as we have our quota of 5, so if anymore came in on loan, someone is missing out.

2 Likes

Welcome George. I hope you can help us score a few goals .At least he is another option for MT.

1 Like

Yowve been quiet tonight W1 :joy:

1 Like

Let’s hope he is the answer to all our problems. Not sure he’s the target man I wanted but I’m not a manager, or a director of football so let’s hope they know better than me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good luck and many good games :slight_smile:

1 Like

The fact the club regularly thinks it looks good to release a signing this late on transfer deadline day

Someone have a word

Late late business generally looks like bad business

Most serious clubs do their business early

Stinks of non league down the bescot may as well be Rushall or Hednesford (that’s an insult to those two clubs apologies)

1 Like

Come on m8, it would have been worse if they’d signed no-one. We were all saying we need a striker.

2 Likes

Nothing to say really. I cannot take seriously most of the comments on the other thread but I do think we need another forward.Maybe a free agent can come in and do a job and perhaps that will happen. I like to think the management team know what they are doing…perhaps they do. Only time will tell.
One other point I do not go in for calling people names so feel out of place sometimes on here and abuse is not something I can support.

3 Likes

The comments on the transfer thread are laughable and sad.

2 Likes

Easily pleaded Andy?

Nothing against George, but it bay enough

We’ll have to wait and see. As I say, it’s better than no-one

1 Like

I’m sure they know a darn sight more about doing their jobs than the fans. I also suspect they’ve had a frustrating day and frustrating last few weeks trying to bring in players they wanted. I’m pleased they’ve got this one over the line. I’m sure they would love the right experienced, goalscoring forward but I also trust them not to just sign anyone and waste precious funds.

1 Like

You should have that put on your tombstone W1. Having read it for the last 5 years or more, time has certainly told with respect to our demise.

As for abuse, I’ve only seen light hearted stuff of late. Gallows humour and the like.

1 Like

Dow yow start :joy:

1 Like

Well its true in football . Probably more than in life generally. No one knows where we will end up this season. Contrary to many I think we have a decent squad for this League but I agree we do lack a big lad up front . As for abuse I don’t like see the Chairman labelled a liar or individual officers of the club denigrated . It doesn’t seem to me to serve any useful purpose .

5 Likes