George Miller

Well done George Miller. Your goals got me off my seat cheering, something I haven’t done for a long time.

4 Likes

I know it sounds greedy but I still think another option off the bench is important.

Even Clough said in his post match interview that he opted for his centre half pairing because he felt that Walsall didn’t pose an aerial threat up front.

Fair enough:
1.) Mansfield’s centre halves were terrible.
2.) We still scored from a header from Ash from a set piece- so we still posed an aerial threat.

However, whilst I agree that the tactics are to encourage the opposition to press to provide the ball over the top, a big target man (like Fondop) would help the club in the winter months in particular (e.g. some of the pitches at League Two would not allow for playing it out from the back on a waterlogged pudding of a pitch in January)…

3 Likes

I agree as much as miller had a great home debut. Hope we don’t rest on our laurels as we tend to do as we need competition up top and we will no doubt pick up injuries and suspensions over the course of the season which would take us back 2 steps.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2:

Finished 5-2 don’t lump on

1 Like

I’ve seen the comparisons to Bradshaw but tbf I think he plays a little different to him, his stature, pace, strength remind me of Micheal Owen, obviously laughable at the moment but I mean his style of play, players like that are rare now because it’s coached out of them, this could be signing of the summer but like everyone else it won’t be long before the vultures come sniffing. Get the lad tied up if we can as I think he’s gonna suit our style of play.

3 Likes

Miller was very unlucky not to get his hat-trick on Saturday, it was a great home debut.
Having read some comments above about some negative social media activity at Barnsley, getting away from that has helped him settle in quickly here.
The club, players and the fans have welcomed him, and after that performance against Mansfield, his confidence will be sky high.
We may have, just may have found the striker we’ve been looking for.

3 Likes

Are we going to give George a song?

To Abba’s money money money

“Miller Miller Miller
What a killer
In front of goal”
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

We can do better than that Chunk surely

1 Like

Didn’t realise his uncle is ex-EPL ref Mark Halsey. He should know all the tricks to get away with the dark arts without being penalised. :laughing:

1 Like

Did you notice Taylor instructing Kiernan and Miller to dawdle back to the kick off after celebrating his second goal? I saw Clarke do the same to a couple of players when we scored last season.

Not very often though.

Talking Heads:
George Miller
Gets Away
Far Far Far Far, Far Far Far Far Far Better
Run Run Run Run Run Run Run Away…
:rofl:

That was just a tester to get your creative juices running mate :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Just watched his post-match interview and gotta say I love his attitude. You can tell he’s very much a confidence player and without saying it directly it sounds like he isn’t a fan of Barnsley so let’s hope he keeps his game up like it was Saturday and we can lure him in permanently.

3 Likes

Thought the ref a much better one Saturday some of the idiots we’ve had this season might have blown for a foul against Miller as he brushed the defenders aside Saturday so to let it unfold like he did he deserves credit.

2 Likes

Two songs spring to mind using Miller as the obvious rhyme: Thriller (M. Jackson)

" 'Cause this is Mill-er
Miller time
And no-one’s going to save you from the beast about to strike
'Cause this is Mill-er
Miller time
You’re fighting for your life against a Miller, Thriller tonight"

and Mirror Mirror (don’t scoff, or ask why I remember this song by Dollar).

“Miller, Miller mon amour
Give us what we’re waiting for
His running and his goals are sublime”

Ok, maybe a work in progress or for the bin. :grinning:

One song with a chorus that is crying out to be a terrace anthem is this:

5 Likes

An excellent opportunity to get a “f*ck the Villa” in there somewhere

Love that song.

Honey Lantree on drums. Produced by Joe Meek. The story goes that in the chorus, the sound of the stomping bit was achieved by the band, Meek and any random passer by banging their feet, brooms and anything else they could lay their hands on on the wooden floorboards.

A wonderful song and alongside Telstar a magic legacy of the much troubled Joe Meek.

4 Likes

Brilliant :grin: i have still got a suit like that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: they came back into fashion about 10 years ago? seem to remember James Cordon wearing one, i thought “if HE can get into one then I can” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Who was the one that looked like Penfold? :joy: