Gillingham parking

Thinking of driving down to Gillingham on Saturday. Anyone know what the parking is like, and where the best place is to park?

Used to be able to street park all around the ground but, like many other places, the locals all have more of their own motors these days with hardly any garaging, so they’ve made most roads close to the ground resident/permit only.

For the last half dozen visits or so I’ve used the pay & display in Railway Street (where the supporters coaches also park up). Only a couple of quid or so if I recall - but last time it was still coin only (hoping they’ve upgraded to card/phone).

PS It’s only 5-10 min walk from our end of the ground.

Go to London for a long weekend, leave the car at the hotel and catch the train to the ground, takes about an hour and is about 35 miles :wink:
Actually thinking about it i would do that myself if we wasn’t playing so poor

1 Like

Gillingham is truly shit. Makes Wednesbury look classy

1 Like

No trains running on Saturday. Was gonna get train down

1 Like

Oh right and the bus would take 2 hours :neutral_face:

If you are driving, don’t forget the Dartford Crossing toll is now all online rather than pay-at-the-booth and you have to chase it up yourself by midnight on Sunday or else get a fine.

1 Like

Last time I went a couple of years ago, you could park on the hospital!

Are the trains running my lad cant get one from wimbledon.

1 Like

@Rugbysaddler said no they aren’t

1 Like

There are some trains running but Saturday is a strike day with either much reduced or no services at all on some lines, and even then services will only be between roughly 0730-1830.

You may be able to make it to Gillingham but you wont make it back, not on Saturday anyway.

1 Like

Was down in the smoke today and Evening Standard said it’s 20% of normal service on Saturday so perhaps one train an hour but obviously very much at your own risk with cancellations at any moment.