Ginnelly off to Preston!

See ya.

Really can’t understand why Preston would want him ?

"Categories: Preston North End, Sky Bet Championship, Transfer News

Tags: Alex Neil, ginnelly, preston"

Clearly of no significance to the Football League club he’s leaving. :roll_eyes:

one of our best players this season.

2 Likes

Yes, our most impressive wide player this season - who also puts in a shift helping the defence.

2 Likes

It’s so predictable , every player that start’s to show any promise is off the first chance they get .

Wish we would / could show some ambition to these player’s , and get them wanting to stay , and play for us , and make this club of our’s successful …

One of our best players this season and one of our very few attacking players to help out defensively too. It’ll be a blow and we’ll miss him. He MUST be replaced in January.

He’s had a half a season of being decent, unusual for him to move on so soon, but not a huge loss.

1 Like

They have a few injuries to forwards and play 4-3-3 so need more wide players.

Also don’t have the budget to sign proven premier league players like many championship clubs can so have signed plenty of lower leagues and Ireland in recent years, Tom Barkhuzien came from Morecambe and he’s done well for them.

Agree with this , his end product has been mediocre at best nothing more . He does work hard for the team mind you.

He’s done ok overall but we should be able to replace easy enough.

1 Like

I thought Keats w@nted to keep his best players ?

The very first offer we get we literally pull down our pants, the level of our negoatioations astounds me

Yes done ok but far from a Championship player

Been decent for us but lets be honest his end product is far from Championship standard. Surprised a Championship club has come in for him but good luck to the kid if he gets his move. Don’t see him making an impact at that level at this moment in time if I’m honest. He’s no Scott Houghton or Willie Naughton!

Regardless of whether we think he is Championship level, he has been one of the bright spots on the wings - I remember a lot of fans couldn’t understand the signing when it happened, me included. Zero ambition from our board yet again.

Stale, stagnant football club.

1 Like

Stop it, while discourse is still civil :joy:

2 Likes

Christmas bonus for The Bonemeister, nicely tucked away.

Good luck to the lad, been a bright spot for us given that between him and Ismail, the latter was seen as the better signing. In my opinion he has outshone Zeli.

Worth noting that Ismail was an unused sub yesterday behind a fullback who has been terrible every time he has featured playing on the wing and Morris who most believe was hammered by Keates for his performance last week.

1 Like

I like Ginnelly, did during his first spell, and he’s added more swagger since then, but hell of a punt for Preston, or any other Chumpionship Club. He’s no Jamie Paterson, and I’d anticipate him being back on loan to a League One club sometime throughout next season.

Kudos to Keates though. Once again alerting all clubs to a player’s potential availability. If he’s gonna gew you may as well get the most for him. I believe it’s now called ‘going for a Bakayoko’.

May further endear him to Uncle Jeffrey and convince him that Keates is a money machine and therefore can spend a bit more, to ultimately make a bit more. And we can enjoy the forever temporary moderately improved ride.

Good luck to the lad but he’s no championship player, the club is in a no win situation with Gino, if they hang onto him he’ll go for free in the summer, will he be as committed on and off the field if they say no during that time ??
Maybe they buy him and secure his signature and leave him where he is on loan for the remainder of the season, that would make perfect sense to me.