Great Birmingham 10k for Acorns Children's Hospice

To aid my fundraising for Acorns in the upcoming Birmingham 10k at the end of May, anybody who donates £5 will have their name put into a hat to win one of a number of prizes. Every £5 gains you an entry. Draw will be made on March 31st.
(Leave your name on the donation)

There will be more great prizes added to the list I already have, so keep your eyes peeled, but already available are:

• A PS4 with 1 x controller
  • 3 x PT Sessions
  • 2 tickets to last Walsall home game of 19/20
  • 2 x 4 tickets to Perry Barr greyhounds
  • 2 x party tickets to Monmore Green greyhounds - WBA limited-edition signed ball

You can enter as many times as you like up until 3oth March.

Donations to - http://justgiving.com/robharvey1503 please.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Decided to crack a 5k run out tonight to see where I was at before I train for the Birmingham 10k.

The last time I ran a 5k was in March 2018 and I did it in 32:31.

Tonight’s effort was…

2 Likes

Average of just under 10m miles, nice steady pace, you happy with that?

1 Like

Considering it’s the first run I’ve done for nearly 2 years yeah! I definitely want to aim for under an hour when I do the run so I’ll keep training and hopefully that will happen!

1 Like

Thank you, also.

1 Like

Well done.

1 Like

On top of the other prizes already listed, I now also have:

• A signed 19/20 home shirt from the squad
  • A pair of Liam Roberts’ signed gloves
  • 2 x Child Entry Tickets to Dudley Zoo

A 15 minute run/walk (1m intervals) completed just now

More prizes updated on the JustGiving page.

A signed Wolves shirt is also en route to me, pretty decent of them to sort that out really.

Updated prize list - draw on 31/03/20. Every £5 donated on my JustGiving page will get you one entry.

Prizes

@cookyskid @ShropsSaddler thanks both :pray:

1 Like

Getting close to my original target now, any help is appreciated and up to 30/3/20 any donations of £5, or increments thereof will get an entry per £5 to win one of many prizes as listed on my page.

I auctioned a signed Wolves 19/20 shirt off and got £250, was well happy with that.

3 Likes

Another prize added now - 2 x entry tickets to the West Midlands Safari Park

Just about to head out and drop another 2.5 mile run in as part of my training. Unmotivated today, but once I start I’ll feel better I’m sure.

1 Like

Thanks @DonningtonSaddler

Still training, went and did the Parkrun last Saturday in Walsall Arbo.

Here’s my results.

The last 5k I did at the start of my training for this 10k about 6 weeks ago I did in 30:06 to add a bit more context to the timings.

I still have 5 spaces on the football card (£10 per square; DM if interested), and you can still enter via my JustGiving page for a chance to win one of the listed prizes on there. Each £5 is one entry.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the Great Birmingham Run 10k has been cancelled due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, which means I won’t be taking part in May. I wanted to thank you all for your donations so far and let you know that I am currently in contact with Acorns looking into alternative options. I really hope you can continue to support me as I embark on another challenge and continue raising money for Acorns Children’s Hospice. I will keep you updated on my plans as soon as possible - thank you so much!”

1 Like

My plan is to honour the fact that people have donated and that I’m training for the 10k still, so I will complete the 10k on the weekend it was scheduled for, or potentially the weekend before.

Whatever happens, the run will be completed in aid of Acorns Children’s Hospice

3 Likes

Having done the prize draw just, winners off UTS (and their prizes) are:

@SirKennethArthurDodd - 3 x PT sessions

@DonningtonSaddler - 2 tickets to Walsall bs Colchester

@ShropsSaddler - lucky to be the only one to be drawn out twice - WBA signed football & Signed Walsall FC 19/20 home shirt

@cookyskid - Liam Roberts signed gloves

Please DM me and can arrange drop off or postage of these. PT sessions - I’ll pass details over to you of the PT.

1 Like

To be enjoyed in 2022.

1 Like