Groundsharing with Coventry

What’s the serious benefits though, will we see an improved budget and Squad … unlikely

Will we see a boggy muddy pitch over the winter…yes

1 Like

All I would say is I hope we get the money up front, wouldn’t trust them bill dodging bastards at all! Should have been consigned to non league when they went belly up last time.

7 Likes

Certainly not ‘rose tinted’ that’s certain, as most will attest! But the wife walked into the office whilst I was watching and commented how poor they seemed.

1 Like

But our style of play doesn’t actually need a pitch tbh

4 Likes

I cannot imagine with the Yanks in charge it will be peanuts.We will get a good income I have no doubt but I would prefer us not to do it.

2 Likes

Luckily with our hoofball the extra damage to the pitch won’t effect our game :stuck_out_tongue:

Charge them 450K rent

10 Likes

Rent dodging B&&&&&ds

1 Like

I think they ground-shared with Northampton Town the last time a financial crisis hit them. Perhaps Northampton wouldn’t play ball again, for some reason?

Same today

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Knowing what Coventry are like they’ll probably be demanding money to play on the hallowed Bescot turf.

Would tell them to do one unless they’re going to fork up a decent amount and just go and share with Blues again as was the arrangement 2-3 years ago.

The only upshot would be laughing at those inbreds from Coventry as they whine on just how shit Walsall is :rofl: :rofl:

I saw somewhere that they are talking to Blues about sharing St Andrews again long term but City have a home game themselves on Wednesday so Coventry need to find a stop gap for their game against Blackburn - and don’t think they can easily postpone as all the midweek Championship games are on Sky.

One game at the Poundland with us not due back on the hallowed turf for at least a couple of weeks afterwards? Just depends on how much we get out of the deal.

1 Like

Im all for helping other teams out but Coventry? NO thank you

Let them suffer and rot

2 Likes

I would say let them suffer and pay us while they are doing it :grin: :wink:

Robins never looked like he wanted to be at Bescot even when we were paying him to be there. I can’t see him agreeing to pay for the privelege now.

1 Like

My lad is working a match length shift Tuesday night we aren’t playing??

Wouldn’t touch them with a bargepole personally. Horrible club who’ve been getting away with living beyond their means for far too long.

1 Like

Seems weird, and it’s leaving it a bit to tell supporters of change of venue. They have over 12.5k+ season ticket holders looking at their record breaking sales news from pre-season, they wont all fit in the Poundland Bescot Stadium and that’s before any other sales, officials and away fans etc.