Happy 74th Birthday to

How about a new pen for his cheque book? I think the old one’s run out.

3 Likes

Clogged up through lack of use, more like.

2 Likes

Run dry you mean,he certainly hasn’t worn it out…:grin:

I don’t know what you have all got against the man
After all he is the only reason wfc are still in existence isn’t he. Lol

1 Like

A tramp has an existence,it’s moving forward we want.:grinning:

Agreed DH. Had he not stepped in and saved us, we would probably now find ourselves languishing in League 2 with sub 4K gates.

10 Likes

Or maybe some batt …er… best not go there.:no_mouth:
Stick with milkshake, I think :grimacing:

2 Likes

Unfourtanatly Sid that will never happen under his stewardship He’s quite happy to keep us where we are for years to come. Mate. Anybody who thinks we will be trying to get out this division. This coming season are going to be bitterly disappointed All that will be expected of Clarke is mid table mediocrity , We are where our saviour wants us to be Simple as that

Happy birthday mr Bonzo ,Another year closer to the big party we will have when you eventually **** off :fu:

1 Like

Being completely honest with hindsight i would rather have us gone bust and started again from scratch than the position this man has put the club in over the past 25-30 years.

5 Likes

Hope the old boy had a nice birthday I really do.

I also hope that by the time he has turned 75 he has had enough of being the pariah. I hope he sees a way of passing our football club on in a way that is good for the club even if that isn’t necessarily the most lucrative option for him.

He’s made his money. His family will reap the benefits for at least two generations. That’ll do. Surely. That’ll do.

3 Likes

Says it all really if he’s still clinging onto the club for dear life into his 80s.

Football ownership has changed a bit in last decade, now more of a middle age hobby. Can’t think of that many owners even in their 70s now with guys like Dave Whelan selling up in last 5 years.

Time’s up Jeff.

2 Likes

Mrs hullsaddler is 70 next month and I was pondering buying the club for her as a special present but sadly have decided that her total lack of interest in football and advancing years are too great a stumbling block. Perhaps I will get her a villa in Cyprus instead,

2 Likes

It’s been up a while.

You’re right SHQ. The game has changed. For better and worse. But we’re going backwards under the current model.

1 Like

It would sum things up if in six years time Walsall would be only football league club owned by an Octogenarian.

Most frustrating thing is it’s much more likely to happen than not.

2 Likes

I take it you’ve already introduced her to your chopper?

2 Likes

Don’t be so personal!

80’s haircut
90’s suit

…the club operating a business model somewhere in between the two…

5 Likes

Said it further up on this thread other clubs have disappeared and come back.Wimbledon Newport and Aldershot to name 3 if that would’ve happened to us back in the early 90s who’s to say we wouldn’t be better off now and at the same sort of level ?its an interesting thought for me given the stranglehold one man now has over the club.

1 Like

Without Jeff coming along when the club was on its knees there’d be no Walsall.

Not unless one of the many other interested parties at the time had been considered, anyway.

Bonser has done very very well out of his timely opportunity. The very least he could do would be to repay the favour. #timesupjeff.

2 Likes