Happy New Year - 2024

New Year is upon us, what have you all got planned for the evening?

Any major plans for 2024?

Have a bostin’ 2024 x

Play off final in May :grinning:

2 Likes

Nah , were going grab 3rd on the final day of the season :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plus

Blue Jays to win the world series

Argos to win the Grey cup

Red Wings to make the play offs

First Horse Racing at Ellerslie in almost two years week after next

My eldest son and his partner are moving back to Canada as they continue to hemisphere hope

I hope business slows down so I can breathe again and the labour market loosens up so staff can get a break

Hope to become the first Cold Store company in NZ to get B corp certification

And the biggie

My first trip back to the UK since March 2015 , in a round the world trip with the wife in March , April and May seeing Family and Friends, been a long time coming

2024 is a big year - Happy New Year everyone

10 Likes

Rule 1: my only resolution is never to make any.

This is an arbitrary point in our orbit around the sun (flat earthers excluded) so while useful as a marker should not be used to flay yourself over past failures or set impossible targets.

Be like Walsall: incremental improvement!

4 Likes

So this is Christmas
And what have we done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Christmas
I hope we have fun
So close to a good one
For both old and the young

A very Merry Christmas
And a happy new year
Let’s hope it’s a good one
Success is so near

And so this is Christmas
Our team is so strong
This season may be a good one
The road is so long
And so happy Christmas
For us red and white
Let wear a yellow ribbon
Let’s stop all the fight

5 Likes

Happy New year to all

1 Like

Happy New Year!
Hope everyone has a good one, for me personally it’s a new start leaving the last year and a half firmly in the past and looking forward.

Not doing much tonight, some food and maybe a beer or two in the house but I don’t want to spend my last day off hungover so nothing crazy and won’t be going out, nothing more I hate than pubs that usually welcome anyone in suddenly charging you, or a bar it usually takes minutes to be served now taking half hour, or taxis that usually cost a tenner now costing thirty quid etc.

4 Likes

'Tis the season to be ripped off tra-la-la-la-la…

1 Like

Happy New Year everyone I wish you all the very best for 2024.

Dunno about everywhere else, but it seem to be a bit more reserved around Rugeley / Stafford than normal on NYE

Happy New Year to all. We have just had pizzas delivered and will play some board games. Our usual New Year’s Eve.

Same as round by me mate

1 Like

Always a quiet one these days for me and Mrs T.

Every chance PT Taxis will be required in early hours as at least one of the “kids” will find themselves in Liverpool with no way home so I won’t even have a pint in the house.

But of a cliche but for 2024 I hope the world calms the fock down and we can all get on a bit better.

I also hope to see the continuation of a functional midfield and goals from all round the park for my favourite team.

Have a good one everyone. Take care. :heart:

2 Likes

Happy New Year one and all. :partying_face:

1 Like

Happy New Year all. UTS :v:

Happy New Year to everyone.!
Our plans for a wild riotous evening out in town scuppered by Mrs HS still testing positive, so we will fall back to watching the last episode of the first series of Happy Valley ( we are really up-to-date)
I will occasionally check on twitter to see how my photo of a stile is doing in the semi-finals of the Stiles 2024 Cup.
So a fairly normal evening.
Looking forward to Grimsby tomorrow.

How’s Nobby getting on? :grin:

Happy New Year to one and all. :partying_face:

1 Like

Happy New Year to one and all. Hoping you all have a safe entry into 2024 and beyond.

1 Like

Happy New Year :partying_face: to each and everyone of you .i must say I only joined UTS this past year but I’ve enjoyed tremendously the posts and banter with fellow Sadder’s Fans . I raise a glass to you all and also better times ahead for our club .cheers :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

Happy new year from the city of rent dodgers!