Hardworking 11

All this talk about kinsella makes me wonder what would you walsall team of our hardest working players be?

Not our best or most talented but hardest working team.

2 Likes

Bradshaw up front please.

1 Like

Jorge and Bradshaw!!

3 Likes

Off the top of my head,

Walker
Brian Taylor, Barras, Mountfield, Pointon
Marsh, MOC, Keates, Wrack
Rammell, Goodman

10 Likes

I loved Jorge mate he was one of my favourite players since I started going from the late 80’s onwards and @Sephiroth92 its a fantastic idea this thread is mate.

2 Likes

Should we also have a “lazy but effective” 11? It would undoubtedly include the likes of Merson, Willie Naughton, perhaps Scott Houghton…Will have to think of others.

Mersons only good moments were against Albion in the summer sunshine.

Roger Boli

1 Like

A bit harsh. He had more good performances until the demons took over around Xmas time.

2 Likes

Etheridge

Demetriou
Viveash
Dann
Padula

Wrack
O Connor
Kinsella
Peron

Rammell
Leitao

1 Like

Ian Roper for me, always gave 100 percent

6 Likes

Demetriou is a good call.

Maybe it’s the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.That day was brilliant by the way not that it mattered didn’t they go up and we went down that season :joy:

1 Like

Ian Brightwell always put a shift in

4 Likes

Walker was the best keeper I have seen in my time at Walsall… but if we are going on hard working not just in matches then it was between Etheridge and O Donnell for me with how Cutler worked them.

2 Likes

Was Aranalde hardworking I can’t remember now I know he was decent.

1 Like
             Walker

Marsh Forbes Roper Pointon
Wrack MOC Bennett matias
Leitao Kelly

4 Likes

Always came back into pre season 3 stone to heavy though! :joy:

1 Like

Although you could argue Walker was the most hardworking because he defended well outside the 18 yard box

Loved Wacka shook his hand the other week when he was with Chris Nicholl in the stadium suite.Such a shame to see how Chris is going now.

1 Like