Hardworking 11

He was basically a sweeper for us. If we are talking my best Walsall 11 then it’s always Super Jim!

1 Like

For me and my era on workrate alone

Etheridge
Demetriou roper butler Vincent ( rip )
Wrack kinsella taundary ginelly
Leitao j.Gordon

3 Likes

Taundry is another good call.

At left back, you’d be hard pressed to find a harder worker than Henry and, actually, at right back, people may have issues with his quality, but Devlin was a 110% player.

1 Like

True forgot about Devlin. He would run his socks off and was a really nice guy to boot. Great shout

1 Like

Chambers must have worked dam hard to stay in shape and be as good as he was into his late 30s . Puts ward and Guthrie to shame

2 Likes

True, you couldn’t say he didn’t work hard but he was so good positionally, made everything seem easy. We were very lucky to have him for so long.

2 Likes

Gaffney was hard working.

Sorry - I meant watching Gaffney was hard work. :joy:

9 Likes

Suppose that’s the difference between taundary/kinsella/Gordon hard work run around like crazy people and then having the workrate but the intelligence and positioning to go with it so you don’t have to run around like a crazy person

1 Like

Kinsella is no Chambers, but I don’t think his positional sense is too bad. His problem, as someone else mentioned elsewhere, is more about having the confidence to express himself when we’re attacking.

2 Likes

But neither of those sprinted 80 yards to grab Dennis Wise by the throat, so Jimmy has the edge. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

This made me think Mark Rees! And then I thought John Keister!! Surely a candidate for the hardworking 11?

1 Like

Hard kicking 11, for sure. :laughing:

3 Likes

High kicking usually !

2 Likes

Martin Butler used to run his bollox off and Rhys Weston

Scrimaldo did work hard mostly looked like a headless chicken though doing it.

3 Likes

Wayne Evans, workhorse.

3 Likes

George Miller has no say in the matter,he has to run around like a mad man.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: Very True!!

Absolutely. Didn’t Hibbitt say of him that he wished he had 11 Wayne Evans as he was his most solid, dependable, 100% every game player?

3 Likes

Seen Roper mentioned. 100% player yes but all action?

Wasn’t fit until Christmas :grin:

2 Likes