Hearts pull out of Elijah Adebayo switch - Edinburgh Live

Adebayo going nowhere!!

1 Like

Now weā€™ll see DCs management skills , or not

DC played a blinder!!!

1 Like

All depends if we lose him on a free in the summer.

2 Likes

He certainly did. A masterstroke pretending not to know the rules must have convinced the ā€œtartsā€ they were dealing with idiots. :grinning:

5 Likes

Are we speaking of the same person? I note the Edinburgh paper calls him Elijhad Adebayo.

Our man is, Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayoā€¦as we sing from the HomeServe end (if we were allowed!).

2 Likes

Perhaps a moderator could adjust the thread title to reflect thisā€¦

4 Likes

Must be our Elijahā€™s brother Elijad Adebayo

1 Like

The biggest concern would be him now downing tools!

1 Like

I was critical of WFCā€™s handling of this saga yesterday, with Clarkeā€™s media byte and the official statement on the website, but this development has made me rethink my stance a little.

Heartsā€™ signing of this bloke today suggests that they wanted Eli either now, or not at all. Iā€™m interpreting their agreeing terms, and particularly the going public about it, as an attempt to bully us into accepting a lowball offer. If nothing else, I doff my cap to the club for not letting a bigger club dictate to usā€¦ refreshingly long overdue.

18 Likes

Weā€™ve just got to sing ā€œthereā€™s only one Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayoā€ next time we are in the Banksā€™s.

3 Likes

Youā€™d better start singing it in the first half thenā€¦

5 Likes

Agree credit when itā€™s due I think we all know if Bonser was still running the show he would have been gone at the first sign of a pound note I just hope this hasnā€™t turned his head and he doesnā€™t force the issue in the next few days.I hope we take a similar stance with Jules as well as for me heā€™s our best defender and has a lot of potential only issue there might be is Iā€™ve been told a few times since heā€™s been at the club him and Clarke donā€™t really get on.

Give me an E, give me an L ā€¦

9 Likes

Actually, that would be loff to do. Iā€™d join in.

I think the ā€˜callerā€™ would need his name on a bit of paper though!

3 Likes

Yes, because it is undoubtably true.

2 Likes

Hearts pulling out was probably due to Eliā€™s value going up after the Vale performance.
I donā€™t blame Walsall one bit for upping the price, if the Scottish club want him this is the amount we want.
Eli has improved enormously this season and so should his value.

3 Likes

The player hearts signed instead of Ade came on and scored two in the last ten minutes. If we had signed him he would probably still be on the bench

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Decent headerā€¦
https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/1354351652669685763?s=21