HOLDEN signs permanently

Nice coup

Great news, with Pring already replaced, and hopefully Guthrie better for a rest and a proper pre-season Iā€™m struggling to think where we need to strengthen apart from right full-back/wing.

1 Like

Brilliant stuff. Looked a real player in a 4-2-3-1. Also, donā€™t underestimate his character and determination to succeed. Have a think about how many players weā€™ve had down the years that have crumbled under a bit of pressure and criticism from the fans.

What did Holden do? Knuckled down, didnā€™t throw a strop, worked hard and won everyone over with his performances.

10 Likes

Brilliant signing :clap:, excellent business mr pomlett and DC and welcome back rory holden Best signing in years
In my opinion signed a player with great potential.

1 Like

Iā€™d expect it was a nominal fee with Bristol City having a few clauses in it - maybe a buy-back agreement and significant sell on clause?

Post on the Bristol City forum suggesting the deal was done a couple of weeks ago but Bristol wanted to wait until they had a manager in place before it was announced - Holden has left the club - Football Chat - One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

1 Like

Excellent news. A real statement of intent and rather unexpected.

Brilliant

Thought he was bang average to be honest but hopefully he kicks on now.

Brilliant news, looked lost out wide (although his dead ball delivery was very good) but totally transformed in the no10 role. I had hoped he would return on loan but signing permanently is excellent.

Pleased with the signing. Now Holden has signed, with the exception of Nurse for Pring, we could start the new season with the same lineup that played in our last game at the beginning of March. The bench could be almost the same as well.

My only worry with this deal is that DC isnā€™t classing his as the left footed right winger he was quoted as saying he was after. Iā€™m delighted that heā€™s signed but I hope itā€™s with a view to playing him as a number 10, rather than our wide. He can do a job there, but thatā€™s about it. Itā€™s no coincidence that the team started to play better when he was used in his natural position

1 Like

Surely thatā€™s a good thing?

Play Holden down the middle and find a left footed winger similar to McDonald for the right hand side.

Letā€™s not forget we have jack Nolan Aswell who Iā€™m sure will get a fair bit of game time this season.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the point. At the online fans focus meeting DC never mentioned he was after a number ten. If Iā€™m right he said a GK, a pacy right back, a left back, a left footed right winger and a target man. It may well be a case of DC toying with everyone which he likes to, but I hope heā€™s still in the market for the left footed right winger and isnā€™t classing Holden as that player

2 Likes

Bang average? He showed bags of potential.

1 Like

Christ, havenā€™t had to deal with El N nonsense for 6 monthsā€¦ and heā€™s back with a vengeance!

Did you go to a game after Christmas?

2 Likes

You mean once he was moved into the middle no doubt , when he was playing wide ā€¦ :thinking: :wink: :joy:

Brilliant signing in my mind and shows some real commitment by the Chairman to have a go this year

He seems very pleased to be back and I am delighted he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_TK12MDPsk&feature=youtu.be

Not at all. I was defending him when he was getting ā– ā– ā– ā–  playing wide left. Always available for a pass and was up and down the field all game. On top of that he showed he had a good dead ball ability.

Agreed heā€™s much better in the middle, and he did have a few poor ones, along with the rest, but the player was still there.

2 Likes

If you say so.

Anyway, like I said, hope he kicks on. Starting right winger still needed for me.