How do some people get on wm

Got in the car straight after the game last and switched on to daz hale on wm,
Daz: First up caller saddlers fan ,mike, have you been to the game tonight mike ?
mike : no daz ;
Daz : did you watch the game on iplayer or any orther tv channel ?
Mike : no i listened to your brilliant commentary…

I have no problem of people listening to the wm commentries but surely you can’t go on the radio and give a review on the game you have only heard,yes you are intiled to your opinion on the state of the club but not comment on a game that you havent seen.
surely the limited time these radio stations have after each game should surely go to fans that have been there?
oh well mike made more sence that the regular saddler caller who always asks " can me dad have a word after me daz"

9 Likes

I heard that too lol

Also whoever hosts the show was praising us for having, 5,000 fans there again, we didnt along with the 2 previous home games.

Absolutely no chance we had 5k there last night. Behind the goal was very light.

1 Like

The caller after him called Dan is even worse. It’s embarrassing what he comes out with :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s Dan Azza.

2 Likes

In the know that lad

I agree with you and for a number of years it put me off listening to WM. Since Daz Hale took over I have listened more and generally it is ok if not brilliant.
As for the gate last I reckon around 1,000 season ticket holders didn’t attend but they are still counted in the attendance so if he had said 4,000 he would not be far off.

2 Likes

I get fed up putting WM on and bloody Tonker is on going on about the dingles he must work for WM lol

Is he the one who is on after every match? Everytime I turn it on en route home there is always the same chap on discussing Walsall.

1 Like

Yeah it is him

1 Like

This is by far the most ridiculous use of statistics ever invented…this would mean that if all the season ticket holders, let’s say 3,000 suddenly one night all didn’t turn up, the 2,000 through the turnstiles would be given as a gate of 5,000…beyond infuriating…Notts County accounting.

All clubs do it I think and in one sense it is correct. My friend who hasn’t been to match this season still forked out the money for his seat. I was speaking to him tonight and he was pleased he was counted in the gate !! He is awaiting another operation and hopes to be with us early next season. He will renew.

Should give 2 figures seats paid for and skulls through the turnstiles.This would give a better yard stick of how popular the product is.

I know this is often said, and was possibly even confirmed at one point by someone from the club (at the Working Party meetings maybe?) , and i agree there didn’t look like there was around 5,000 home fans there last night but…if Swindon had said they had sold about 960 tickets by Monday morning, how can the attendance be announced (as per WFC twitter) as 5,705 which included 883 from Swindon?

How does that work then? Do we include our season tickets/others who haven’t gone but not include the away fans that didn’t go?

1 Like

The disparity could be that masses of Saddlers Crew ticket holders go through the turnstiles to register their attendance to qualify for recouping of £4 at the end of the season, but then can’t actually face the prospect of watching the match and immediately go home instead.

1 Like

I don’t know the answer to that but I would have said there were around 1,000 there from Swindon. I think there were certainly more than 883 . Unless we have a correction I suppose we will never know!

I dont think it would be accurate. I am pretty sure they are only using something akin to a laser pen to read my season ticket.

1 Like

Would make sense. The club have the ST holder’s dosh for the game whether they actually turn up or not as they can’t claim back for non-attendance. For single match tickets though (which obviously includes away fans who only come here for 1 game per season) you can claim back your money if you don’t go.

Now the club won’t usually know after the game if an absent ticket holder will want a refund (especially away fans who will go to their own club for the money and not direct to us) so be sensible not to include these absentees in the attendance.

However, as as others have suggested, it would be more accurate if they announced only actual clicks on the turnstiles as the attendance, and keep this separate from match receipts (which will include absentee STs).

I recall from years gone by that there would be lots of speculation about under reporting of crowds as being a tax dodge to hide some of the gate money. Suppose that is harder to do when it’s all cashless these days but more of a paper trail on moneys received so might as well declare the number of payees even if that means inflating actual attendance.

Really? I never knew that applied to all single match tickets.

If a game is postponed and you can’t make the rearranged game (like v Swindon) I knew you could claim a refund back but thought that had to be done by the time of the rearranged game or you would just lose your money as a no show.

Probably not a legal requirement, but if the ticket is unused then clubs are usually more than OK to refund no questions asked. They will be able to confirm it’s unused as the stub won’t have been torn off or it’ll be unscanned.

I say clubs, most of my experience has been with us as we nearly always sell the tickets on behalf of the home club when we play away, but I have had to it direct a couple of times and had no problem.

1 Like