How to help generate an atmosphere

Still after weeks and weeks of these hard training days they have, honestly now how many can say they see “real improvement” ?

Other than Alfie i cant say anyone has really “grew” in this period…

I feel like Callum C Mollett has started to show signs wouldn’t you agree

1 Like

You what i honestly forgot about him but he is 100% growing massivly under all this pressure and facey too a degree

1 Like

Feel like Facey could prove to be a good find if he keeps performing as of late

2 Likes

Jules should be starting every game for me. I can see alot of potential for him to get better and better.

3 Likes

I know we’ve deviated from the orignal thread here , but yes I think Facey , Bates , Sinclair , Lavery , Clarke , Mollett , Jules and McDonald have shown glimpses of being half decent if they can be moulded together on a more consistent level and with the additions of a couple more better players we may start to climb out of this mess

2 Likes

The team are so poor at the moment nobody is in the mood for singing. If and when it improves the main thing that would sort it is, Let everyone go wherever they want. Maybe change the pre-match music.

It’s generally accepted that copious quantities of lightning in an electrically charged chemical soup helps move life along to the extent that it helps generate what we consider a liveable atmosphere.

2 Likes

Going back to the start, I would recommend going to watch a Leicester home game if you are able.
They really have cracked it on and off the pitch.

If you can’t face that prospect then lobby our staff to do it.

1 Like

This got me thinking of Dennis Thatcher. In Private Eye’s Dear Bill spoof letters he used to call whisky " electric soup." Still some of the funniest things I’ve ever read. Mrs Thatcher was convinced they had a mole in No. 10.

1 Like

As a bit of a groundhopper this is one I am desperate to do (and complete the premiership)…but tickets are a nightmare.

I know!

I have been banging on for standing for the last 20 years.The club have never shown any enthusiasm to seriously look at the possibility.Perhaps as part of his desire to engage with the fans Mr Pomlettt could ask one of his unproductive board members to give us a full resume of what obstacles exist and what the costs would be.I have heard replies from the Board which say the police wouldn’t like it -the council would object.Have we ever seriously discussed it with them.How come Shrewsbury can do it and we can’t.
My grandson much prefers to go to away games where he and his mates can sit/stand with a crowd of vocal supporters.They will be at Port Vale on Saturday but have not been to a home game for months.
Until we find a way to give match day a bit of “edge” we will not attract supporters in the 12-21 and match days will continue to have about as much life as a home for the elderly.

1 Like

We have trouble attracting players aged 12-21, let alone supporters.

Score some goals.

1 Like

If only we could see ourselves as others see us. We’ve had many opponents over the years say how good the atmosphere can be at Bescot. From Little and Francis in the early days to Calderwood, Brown and the Posh chairman more recently. Goals and a winning team will make a huge difference.

Absobloodylutely!
Players passing to other players wearing the same strip would also help!
Our home record is utterly appalling, I am so surprised that the attendances have been as good as they have been under the circumstances.

1 Like

We are 1 of hundreds of clubs struggling to kee an atmosphere going. It’s a problem with football in this country in general these days.

However if you play well, it’s not a problem.

2 Likes

I think we need to get Russ Abott involved.

2 Likes

Why not shove the away fans down the side and give us the now away end like it used to be. Even when there is just a few away fans in that end they generate a lot more noise than the lower as the noise just goes out the ground.

3 Likes