Ian Holloway

I have it on good authority from somebody who used to work at the club that Holloway was offered to Walsall before MOC was appointed and we declined his services.

Whether that was due to timing I don’t know but I can’t see it happening for that reason.

Shame because it makes sense in every possible way for the football club and fans but he clearly doesn’t fit into the boards agenda

1 Like

Bonser is currently hiding under a desk in a darkened room, fingers in ears, muttering “please go away, please go away…wake up Jeff its not real…WAKE UP JEFF ITS NOT REAL”.

3 Likes

Get him in! Post match interviews would be far more interesting as well. Who can forget his classic “Right now, everything is going wrong for me - if I fell in a barrel of boobs, I’d come out sucking my thumb!” :rofl:

4 Likes

Brilliant :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This would be the most interesting thing to have happened to Walsall in recent history, but as Belphegor says " You want HOW much?"
“Like interested parties trying to buy the club, you don’t fit our criteria”
Pie in the sky dreams, Bonser will never go for anyone that questions his authority!

Would get me returning after a 5 year absence

I wonder who initiated the contact with the Express and Star? If it was his agent (as opposed to the E&S approaching him) I’d be inclined to suggest this is more of a PR stunt to throw his hat into the ring for other jobs (Plymouth)
The reaction on social media suggests that the current malaise and despondency surrounding the club can be somewhat rectified with the right appointment - get it right please WFC.

I tweeted to Masi asking where the story came from, find it slightly strange.

I’ve also asked him if it was Holloway’s agent who approached the E&S with the story

Competing with Plymouth apparently

JB has a history of not talking to prospective managers who haven’t applied for the job.
If Holloway wants it he’ll have to apply for the job.

I don’t really get the ‘come and get me approach’, is it because he’s a big name?

Surely if he really wanted the job he’d just apply for it, the vacancy has been open for weeks.

1 Like

Would love it, but just can’t see it happening.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the club has their head that far in the sand that they don’t even notice this!

Can anyone think of one reason why you’d choose to manage Walsall over Plymouth? Even without Holloway’s West Country connections

3 Likes

Beaten to it! :laughing:

I didn’t know Whitney was a Bristolian…:grinning:

1 Like

Irrelevant of whether he would come or not, it says an awful lot about this club if they don’t speak to him at all.

A manager with the profile of Ian Holloway links himself with the Walsall job. Our board should be jumping on that. Instead they are probably thinking much the same as we all are. “No way we are paying his wages”.

8 Likes

Don’t believe this for a second.

People make fun of Holloway and his crazy antics but the bloke is a good championship manager, got Palace and Blackpool promoted to premier league in last 10 years.

I know what he’s said about creating another Blackpool but they were a championship club when he took over there.

He’ll surely get a club in league 1. I just can’t see what will attract him to league 2 with a club that will just have a mid table budget.

I would be more asking if it somehow happens why the club didn’t just do this as a league one club and then maybe the fantasy championship line would’ve occurred. Holloway was actually out of work in December 2015.

Anyway if he does go to Plymouth then Darrell Clark should be snapped up. Or Keith Hill. Also Simon Grayson is out of work. Manager who has many promotions from league 1 and 2 and would be “big” name to get people interested again.