If Saturday wasn’t disappointing enough

I met my mate at the ground. Had a pint listened to the music. Spoke to someone I haven’t seen for ages. Took in the atmosphere. The fact I paid an extra £1 for the pint is neither here nor there.
No queue for drinks in the ground. No queue for the bogs.
“Enjoy the game” from the smiley gate staff
The whole “match day experience “ as it’s now called was excellent.
Well done Walsall fc.

6 Likes

Are you allowed to take your own drinks in or is that banned as it is at many other events?

Only water

1 Like

Taxi might set you back a bit…

1 Like

Edgbaston is atrocious on beer pricing, run by compass, a particularly obnoxious company. My tip there would be to invest in a deep cool bag as there are no bag checks apart from t20 and the pombear trophy. It’s also not a legal issue as its only a “ground regulation”

If you think £4.30 is bad, don’t ever go to a Bingo Bongo event.
£4 for a warm can of either carling or carlsberg pilsner :nauseated_face:

You can get a pint of Leffe in the spoons by us in Boldmere and Sutton

Is that Carlsberg pisner

1 Like

I think that basically, if the club want to make the matchday experience better, charging £4.50 for a pint doesn’t improve it one iota for me.

Maybe there’s a very subtle message there… :crazy_face:

I see what you’re saying… stop going?

We did when I went to the Test v India. Asked if we had alcohol and my mate said no I’m a member and I know you can’t so no further checks. Member’s discount took price down to £5 a pint from £6.50 for a good drink anyway. Food there is expensive and rubbish but his partner does catering so we took our own much to the envy if people by us.:rofl:

Full of Villa fans though apart from my mate who’s a Bluenose :rofl:

Normally drinking with Villa fans just a fact of life for a Suttonian

Lucky at the test I’d say. I’ve seen them searching an oap with a stick at a t20. I took great delight on going out at half time on Friday and returning with a four pack of m9rissons own brand which cost less than single half of their own crap.

at barrow last night in their fanzone pint of carling £2.50 beautiful

Never heard the words Carling and Beautiful in the same sentence before

9 Likes

The beer snobs on here won’t like that :joy:, there’s a lot of rubbish spoken about beer and boozing, it’s as if you’re not a real man unless you constantly talk about it and mention some obscure beer that nobody has ever heard of :joy:

1 Like

Oh dear :joy:

6 Likes

Are you a fosters drinker Sid? :smile: :wink: