If you could re-sign one player

If you could re-sign one ex-saddler for the 2020/21 season who would it be. They must still be playing and fit into the current squad.

Henry, Sawyers, Oztumer, Leahy, Devlin, Cook, Ferrier, Morris, Blackett-Taylor, Deeney, Gillespie, Fitzwater, etc . . . .

Got to be Rico … have him back for 2 years then sell him to Barcelona for 30million . Buy the freehold off the leech . Happy days .

1 Like

Why on earth would you want half of those players back? :rofl:

2 Likes

What’s Ngoo doing these days?

Oztumer. Been there and done it at this sort of level and is exactly what our squad is missing (plenty of goals and assists from midfield).

2 Likes

Where’s Joe Broad when we need him?

1 Like

Spoilt for choice but here’s a few, Troy Hewitt, Reece Flanagan, Ashley Grimes, Richard Taundry, we would be down When Santa came with the pressies :joy:

1 Like

Johnny Brain?

For the level now Ozzy back would be a brilliant signing and pretty much guarentee top 7 and possibly top 3 imo.

Even though Holden grew into number 10 position as the season progressed there’s no real comparison to a player who was getting 15 goals in league 1.

Oztumer or Paterson

2 Likes

Sawyers.

I’m struggling to decide between Henry or Leahy to play left back. :rofl:

2 Likes

I hope that’s a joke, Jumbo
Absolutely no comparison between the two players, Leahy wouldn’t get into my pub side!
Oztumer would be the one I’d bring back.

Pure fantasy pick… Oztumer would fire us to promotion (not enough players in the current squad who would be remotely near Sawyers’ wavelength).

Of the somewhat realistic options- and I’m preparing myself for pelters here- I actually think Devlin & Morris would improve us, in their respective positions on the right.

3 Likes

After short thinking, Sawyers.

1 Like

Sawyers pure class.

Tom Bradshaw.

3 Likes

Most are now beyond the likes of little old Worsul, so Oztumer is the ideal choice, his capture would assure us of a near top of the table finish.
But it’s all a dream, we will take on a third string nobody from a Championship club on the 11th of September, it’s the Walsall way.

1 Like

Tough one. Henry would slot into a position we need strength in but having a genius like Ozzy or Sawyers is a tempter.

I’ll go Ozzy purely cuz he’s got goals in him. Then again Deeney would destroy this league imo…

1 Like

This is tough. I would say Rico but I think we need a playmaker a creator. Therefore I would have have to go Sawyers or Oztumer.