If you could re-sign one player

Ngoo for the comedy factor

1 Like

Don goodman

Iā€™ll ask him next time I see him in the pub :+1:t2:

Still looks fit as a fiddle

Him and MOC were both great blokesā€¦ weve got super donny goodman and his hair!

Plus hes been commentator on albion and such games and they all hate him now after his wind ups.

Had a cracking header on him

Seemed to hang in the air for about ten minutes before he headed it.

Proper player.

3 Likes

Another reason why i love our clubā€¦ can interact with the players and they will always talk back etc dont get that higher up and other clubs.

Robbo and Kins are top blokes off the pitch, as many off here will prob of had a beer with robbo in the local, just love that family type so too speak feel! god i miss it, nothing better than waking up 7am match day day away sonewhere the buzz is unreal, miss that buzz more than any drug!

1 Like

We would have some team:

Etheridge
McCarthy, Pennington, Dann, Henry
Forde, Oztumer, Sawyer, Patterson
Bradshaw, Deeney

Subs:
Oā€™Donnell, Demetroiu, Downing, Evans, Lalkovic, Edwards, Grigg

But if I had to choose 1 for 20/21, then Iā€™d have Oztumer because of his creativity and goals from midfield.

Thinking about it Dan Agyei didnā€™t have that bad a scoring ratio in 17/18 but was overshadowed by Tyler Roberts being here at same time.

Heā€™s a squad striker at Oxford who were one game from the championship but could drop down to league 2 to get regular football.

1 Like

Other than those already mentioned, I believe Sam Mantom and Emmanuel Ledesma are both without clubs at the moment. DC also said he wanted a left footed winger.

1 Like

Ledesma

2 Likes

Jason McCarthy would be the player Iā€™d get. A full back that liked to push on but could defend too.

2 Likes

That game at Grimsby, March or April 2002, 2-0 down with a few minutes to go, our sub Super Donnie Goodman got us back into the game with a couple of bostinā€™ headers to set up whoever it was and turned the season round as we drew 2-2 and almost won it.
The following week at Home to Barnsley he came on at half time with us 1-0 down and a man sent off and he helped turn that round as well.
Easily the best player weā€™ve ever had at keeping the ball in the corner in the dying minutes as well.

3 Likes

A fully fit, first loan Cuvelier

4 Likes

I reference that Barnsley game at least once a month, to this day. Big Don was utterly phenomenal when he came off the bench for (IIRC) Marcelo. A result, arriving when it did & under the circumstances you described, that was instrumental in keeping us up.

2 Likes

Brandy in his first spell was class too. Hard to remember a player for us who was so devastating running at defenders. He was getting hacked to pieces in the end, teams just couldnā€™t cope with him.

6 Likes

Jorge to partner Gordon, their work rate would have defenders asking for oxygen after 60 mins

1 Like

Loved Brandy in that spell. Remember him turning someone once and I swear his entire body went through the defenders legs along with the ball. Wasted talent.

1 Like

Sadly you seem to be right. Heā€™s only 31, but has fallen off the League football radar. For a few months we had a team that was fantastic to watch, Brandy running at defences on one flank, Patterson on the other, Grigg reaping the benefit in the middle. Shame we couldnā€™t keep it together for a couple of seasons at least, especially as that was when Sawyers first started playing for us.

4 Likes

We played some fantastic football with that team

4 Likes

Not half.

1 Like