iFollow v Barnsley

The camera quality and camera work is woeful for a tenner.

2 Likes

Did Adeboyejoat just score for the Choppers on 55minutes and it got disallowed ? Came up for about 10 seconds on BBC and then disappeared

Now its back… Bloody BBC

I agree, although the quality of the picture may be due to the rain? The cameraman is borderline amateur.

1 Like

Stream quality was awful in second half. I would say one of the worst since introduction of IFollow. Radio commentary and no video stream at all would be better. Rain? Ok, I understand it, but there were few glimpses stream looked ok. But rest was practically unwatchable.

Have you learnt nothing this week Welsh…:smile:

According to Sky,it was really foggy too.

If yes, that would explain few things.

It rained but no way would I have called it foggy.
It was foggy in Birmingham in the late 50s. We were in a line of cars all following a corporation bus and we all ended up in the bus depot garage! That was foggy.

2 Likes

Looks foggy in the Sky highlights - especially in the second half. I can’t even make out who scored Cook’s goal. :grin:

2 Likes

Not a fan of ifollow showing live games, especially on a Saturday at 3pm. Horrible thin end of the type of horrible wedge that could ultimately kill us. Horribly.

Mind £43 for me and the lad at the gate today was a tough pill to swallow too.

1 Like

Camera quality? Why? I can honesty say I’ve never really had a problem with it.

Like zooming in on random parts of the ground, like not following the ball, like regularly going out of focus.

Seems to zoom in when the balls out of play to be fair. Can honestly say I’ve never thought it doesn’t follow the ball or regularly goes out of focus. Have it linked up by HDMI to my telly and it’s not a problem for the focus to stay tuned in. Sky Go is actually less reliable on that front than iPlayer.

They have snaffus every now and again but it’s not sky in all fairness. Leaps and bounds ahead of waiting for that stupid horn on WM for an update. Well worth a tenner to sit in my front room with a beer nice and warm and have a better view i would have going than waiting for franksy to be arsed to let us know.

1 Like

Last season IFollow crew learnt how to do it, so for example for few first games it was common to see what camera sees behind standings (for example motorways). Later they’ve stopped it. That’s only one camera, it has to show all events (corners were lil nuisance, sometimes you could see only ball in the air, not the taker; and of course there were problems with other people in the press area I think on some grounds, sometimes you could see hand, or head someone nearby), so zooming can be a problem. Last game they had little problem with rain, probably they moved camera higher, under the roof maybe, during game. There were better games, when we think about how camera were working. This wasn’t perfect example how it can show games.

Have to admit I am a fan of ifollow. I am a season ticket holder and in no way would I choose to watch the game on ifollow when we play at home. I Struggle to get to away games due to various commitments Work, childcare m etc and 10quid is value for money and I would be interested to know what portion goes to the clubs?

I agree I don’t want all 3pm games available and should remain as is with that respect. It was a strange feeling watching the saddlers on the tv whilst at home at 3pm.

It’s interesting what the American sports team do to combat the issue of people watching the games at home when they are on tele. If the number of tickets sold falls under a set criteria the game is not broadcast loacally and is blacked out from showing encouraging fans to attend or ticket sales at the very least. Don’t know how it could be possible to do this with ifollow if a potentially rule change occurred with the 3pm kick offs.

The camera work was shocking second half and kept zooming off randomly but fair play he wiped the lens with his rag.

US sports broadcasters get around this by buying the remaining tickets up to the minimum required to allow them to broadcast.

I think he got moisture inside his camera, no amount of rag wiping was going to help!

I never understand why they don’t have ,multiple camera angles for lower league games (same as you get for any premier league game shown on tv or not).

Usually on a betting site I use there are second division games on there from Spain, Germany, Italy etc. If there’s nothing better to do I’ll watch a bit and they have numerous angles of the game, close ups of the players, fans, bench etc.

I assumed when they started this Ifollow all the 3pm games would get more angles to give better viewing experience instead of just the one camera following the play which feels a bit early 90s.*

*Snowflake talking here!

Yeah I know that is common place as the advertising revenue from the games will cover there outlay.

Read a article a few weeks ago where they investigated the actual attendance vs the tickets sold attendance which is typically given out and the difference was huge

You probably need to get out more often, HQ

2 Likes