Injuries

Even Foulkes is out with a broken ankle at Kidderminster…we are cursed!

1 Like

The whole club is cursed, how many times this season have we been without doubt the much better team yet still contrive to lose!
Many counting on long term injured coming back to save us aka Holden, regrettably we seem prone to ‘long term’ injuries to what some feel are our better players, one in particular we know nothing about…a write off perhaps?

2 Likes

Quite often the consequence for players who miss pre season and coming back to fitness from injuries.

Best of luck to the lad but we should consider this when we eagerly await early returns for Wilkinson, Labadie etc

Creates a bit of a conundrum for the January window - if we have a slew of players just coming back around then (Wilkinson, Labadie, Riley, McEntee and now Earing), will we have any clear idea of whether we still need to bring in some extra new players for the back half of the season?

1 Like

I don’t even get pissed off with the injury situation now I’ve become numb to it.What I would say is maybe we need to take a step back and have a look at how we are warming up before games.Is there something we are doing wrong because this really is getting farcical.

Not really mate it’s quite simple the powers that be will come out and say “it’s like we’ve had a transfer window with all these players coming back” and we won’t get anyone else in because of that fact.

Nothing to do with warming up as Flynn says in his comments.None of these are muscular injuries.They are all “freakish” in the sense they could not be avoided and they occurred in the most part during games.

2 Likes

Do you personally believe all these injuries are down to bad luck?I started off believing it but the more and more it’s happening the more and more I am finding it hard to believe it’s just a freak of nature.I’m not for one moment suggesting it’s purposely done I’m just personally finding this hard to believe it’s bad luck.

Personally, I do believe that it is bad luck as I do not think the injuries that have occurred are muscular in nature, which would point to poor preparation.

What I do worry about is having enough players to avoid getting drawn into a relegation battle.

2 Likes

We should play Hutchinson in central midfield with either Knowles or Maher and n the 10 role. Let’s attack FFS!!

1 Like

Absolutely crazy this now, and has been for several seasons!

What has earring actually done ? Striking a ball and out for 3 months sound very strange. Again you could look at the strength and conditioning, but odd to have so many freak accidents.
The lad on loan to kiddie has broken his ankle last season too.

Injuries are seriously killing us right now

Riley (Who I viewed as the marquee), Wilko, Labadie, Earing, Mcentee, Gordon (albeit now back)

They would all be in the first team.
Very very frustrating.

2 Likes

Jack being out for another 3 months is a big blow to the club. Fortunately we have RAM and Knowles who can fill in, we sure as hell don’t need anyone else going down.
I kind of feel a little sorry for MF, key players going down like flies, none of it his fault.

1 Like

Maybe the ground is built on a druid stone circle rather than the shitworks we thought it was on?

3 Likes

Thought the shitworks was on the pitch rather than undet it. :grin:

4 Likes

Walsall are struggling with a couple more unspecified issues, too, as Flynn added: “There’s more bad news on the injury front but I’ll keep one or two of them quiet.
I wonder what these are?

1 Like

DJ ? He seems to be out of sorts at the moment maybe carrying a knock ?

If it is 0-0 is the best we can hope for tomorrow

Riley out for the season probably. How did he pass a medical. He’s been Injured from day 1

He was fit when he signed. Played in the first pre-season match against Villa, but not been seen since.

Out for the season - this something you know for certain?